jrr9969

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I have recently purchased a CODEGEN case and an ASUS A7V8X motherboard. The new case has 2 front USB ports that I would lke to use but I am not sure where to connect the wires to the motherboard. The motherboard does have a cluster of pins for additional USB ports labeled as follows USB+5,LDM,LDP, & GND. The wires from the USB ports in the case are labeled as follows +5V,+D,-D,& GND. I am not sure if I can connect the case USB wiring to the motherboard and if I can what wire gets connected to what pin. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Auburn9698

Champion
Like I replied in your first post, on the other components section:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the order of a row should be +5, then -D, then +D, then ground (GND). If they have one set of connectors labeled with a one or a two (or a 5 and a 6...whatever), put those on the same row, although the ground may not matter.
Codegen's site has a picture. Go to Support, then USB pin layout.
"Typically the order of the pins is RED, WHITE, GREEN, BLACK, with the RED wire being the 5v Vcc power signal"

War Eagle

jrr9969

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I appreciate your post and will give it a try tonight. I had already checked the CODEGEN website and they do mention that if you connect them incorrectly you can damage the motherboard. I was just looking for some reinforcement.

Auburn9698

Champion
I know yours seem to be separate wires, while the pic on Codegen's site is of a one-piece connector, but do your wires' colors match up with the pic?
Shouldn't hurt anything as long as you get the +5v wires on the +5v pins. The grounds match up, from your initial post.

War Eagle

TRENDING THREADS