Cd autostart stopped working

Help,

My autostart has stopped working. I have AVG as virus detection. It
worked up until I installed SP2. I have restored back before the SP2
installation but can not get autostart working. It wouldn't be a
problem except when installing programs with multiple disks, the
installation locks up the computer when I insert the second disk.

Autostart is turned on when I check the properties of the Cdrw and dvd
drives. Any help would be appreciated.

Denny

Expand AllCollapse All
1 answer Last reply
More about autostart stopped working

    Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Shell Hardware Detection/Return this
    service to Automatic.

    Run the Auto Play Repair Tool (Line 234)

    Enable CD AutoPlay for Pro or Home (Line 10)

    For more information if required:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330135
    The AutoRun or AutoPlay Feature Does Not Work
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314855
    CD-ROM May Not Run Automatically in Windows XP

    "kiteflyer54" <kiteflyer54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Help,
    >
    > My autostart has stopped working. I have AVG as virus detection. It
    > worked up until I installed SP2. I have restored back before the SP2
    > installation but can not get autostart working. It wouldn't be a
    > problem except when installing programs with multiple disks, the
    > installation locks up the computer when I insert the second disk.
    >
    > Autostart is turned on when I check the properties of the Cdrw and dvd
    > drives. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Denny
    >

    > Expand AllCollapse All

CD-Rom Windows XP