A7V Overclocking ...

Belfelas

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
After discovering your site a couple weeks ago, I was amazed by all the interesting stuff. Anyway lets get to the point. I have an AMD Thunderbird 700 Mhz with an Asus A7V/550/W0A/5P motherboard. I read pretty much all articles about overclocking an Asus A7V motherboard, well there's so many, so i can't be sure, hehe. But anyway i was interested so i opened up my case, and what the ??? I already had the 6 Dip switch little thing installed, i thought that was weird, so i just set the 6 switch according to your dip switch guide, i set it to 9. I thought that i might have a really rare version of the motherboard. Anyway, i started the pc and saw that 900 Mhz was now written on the startup screen, overly excited by my discovery i went to run around the house a bit, but when i came back. The screen had freezed, bla bla bla, i tried a couple of different switch combinations and everytime, it writes the correct speed in the startup, but the pc keeps buging like it doesn't support it. So what i'm thiking is that i only need to do a little tweek for my pc to suport it or something...So i'm asking for your help, maybe you know what i need to do for me to successfuly overclock my Pc. It can't just be those little switches that i had all that time in my pc and never touched, i must have something else to do.

Thanks to any brain that might respond.

Play with the Best or Die Like the Rest !!!

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
Does that processor need to be unlocked? In combination with that mobo, I'm not sure. But I would check into wether or not you need to unlock that chip.

Water cooling is for the weak. Get liquid nitrogen.

Belfelas

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I thought it could be something like that, it would make sense i guess. Anyway if its even that... I don't have a clue how to do it. thx for the reply so quick. hehe

Play with the Best or Die Like the Rest !!!