Rareaholics Anon

So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in act 1 of
nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper sorceress. After a
very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops. Thinking
not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to Cain to
check out. Turns out they're:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF

Since Dalai doesn't really do much MF these days, and has other boots with
resistances and the like, my new sorceress is now using them on her Andariel
runs (no SOJ yet, but it's early days).

Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:41:18 +1200, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in act 1 of
>nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper sorceress. After a
>very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops. Thinking
>not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to Cain to
>check out. Turns out they're:
>
>http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF

Sweet!

>Since Dalai doesn't really do much MF these days, and has other boots with
>resistances and the like, my new sorceress is now using them on her Andariel
>runs (no SOJ yet, but it's early days).
>
>Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?

I might if I had time to play :-( I could use them, too, especially on
boots, since most of the young characters I'm playing are using things
like 30% resist fire boots (with *nothing* else, not just nothing
useful).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> had this idea for a movie:

>>Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?
>
>I might if I had time to play :-( I could use them, too, especially on
>boots, since most of the young characters I'm playing are using things
>like 30% resist fire boots (with *nothing* else, not just nothing
>useful).

I'll be refreshing your characters this morning.

Hope to see you soon.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

Duncan

On (or around) Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:41:18 +1200, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> deemed themselves worthy to grace
alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

>So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in act 1 of
>nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper sorceress. After a
>very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops. Thinking
>not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to Cain to
>check out. Turns out they're:
>
>http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF
>
>Since Dalai doesn't really do much MF these days, and has other boots with
>resistances and the like, my new sorceress is now using them on her Andariel
>runs (no SOJ yet, but it's early days).
>
>Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?

I found my original Diablo CD whilst cleaning out the baby's room.

--
Mad'Doug

"Any errors in fact, thought, spelling or grammar occured during transmission."
Please remove the apostrophe (') to email me

Duncan wrote:
> On (or around) Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:41:18 +1200, Stephen van Ham
> <svanham@xtra.co.nz> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:
>

> >So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in
act 1 of
> >nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper sorceress.
After a
> >very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops.
Thinking
> >not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to
Cain to
> >check out. Turns out they're:
> >
> >http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF
> >
> >Since Dalai doesn't really do much MF these days, and has other
boots with
> >resistances and the like, my new sorceress is now using them on her
Andariel
> >runs (no SOJ yet, but it's early days).
> >
> >Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?
>
> I found my original Diablo CD whilst cleaning out the baby's room.

Yeah, now if only you could find the fairway with your driver........

Mickey

rwb

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2005

Mickey wrote:
> Duncan wrote:
> > On (or around) Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:41:18 +1200, Stephen van Ham
> > <svanham@xtra.co.nz> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> > alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:
> >

> > >So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in
> act 1 of
> > >nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper
sorceress.
> After a
> > >very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops.
> Thinking
> > >not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to
> Cain to
> > >check out. Turns out they're:
> > >
> > >http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF
> > >
> > >Since Dalai doesn't really do much MF these days, and has other
> boots with
> > >resistances and the like, my new sorceress is now using them on
her
> Andariel
> > >runs (no SOJ yet, but it's early days).
> > >
> > >Has anyone else had any noteworthy rare item finds recently?
> >
> > I found my original Diablo CD whilst cleaning out the baby's room.
> >

> Yeah, now if only you could find the fairway with your driver........
>
> Mickey

Now why would he want to hit the fairway with that when its so much
easier with the ball!
Robert(yes I play too)

RWB wrote:
> Mickey wrote:
> > Duncan wrote:
> > > On (or around) Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:41:18 +1200, Stephen van Ham
> > > <svanham@xtra.co.nz> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> > > alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

> > act 1 of
> sorceress.
> > After a
> > Thinking
> > Cain to

> > boots with
> her
> > Andariel

> > > I found my original Diablo CD whilst cleaning out the baby's
room.

> > Yeah, now if only you could find the fairway with your
driver........

> > Mickey
>
> Now why would he want to hit the fairway with that when its so much
> easier with the ball!

Sadly, ye olde skirt wearer can't hit the fairway with a thermo-nuclear
device :)

Mickey

On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

> Sadly, ye olde skirt wearer can't hit the fairway with a thermo-nuclear
> device :)

You aren't a scotsman, are you?

Gabriele "me be female" Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Duncan

On (or around) 13 Apr 2005 06:30:04 -0700, "Mickey"
<mickeyb@comcast.net> deemed themselves worthy to grace
alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

<snip>

>room.
>> > >

>> > Yeah, now if only you could find the fairway with your
>driver........
>> >
>> > Mickey
>>
>> Now why would he want to hit the fairway with that when its so much
>> easier with the ball!
>
>Sadly, ye olde skirt wearer can't hit the fairway with a thermo-nuclear
>device :)
>
>Mickey

HARSH! I reckon I could hit one with a cluster bomb.

--

Gabriele Neukam wrote:
> On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...
>
> > Sadly, ye olde skirt wearer can't hit the fairway with a
thermo-nuclear
> > device :)
>
> You aren't a scotsman, are you?

Nae, but MadDoug is :)

> Gabriele "me be female" Neukam

Good, I like females :)

Mickey

Duncan wrote:
> On (or around) 13 Apr 2005 06:30:04 -0700, "Mickey"
> <mickeyb@comcast.net> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:
>
> <snip>

> >room.

> >driver........

> >> Now why would he want to hit the fairway with that when its so
much
> >> easier with the ball!
> >
> >Sadly, ye olde skirt wearer can't hit the fairway with a
thermo-nuclear
> >device :)
> >
> >Mickey
>
> HARSH! I reckon I could hit one with a cluster bomb.

I had a charming round of army golf yesterday...left, right, left,
right....

Mickey

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:

>So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in act 1 of
>nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper sorceress. After a
>very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of rare boots drops. Thinking
>not much more of it, I grab them on the way out, and give them to Cain to
>check out. Turns out they're:
>
>http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF

And another hit from Andariel this morning during my breakfast MF session:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots2.gif

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> And another hit from Andariel this morning during my breakfast MF session:
>
> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots2.gif

These would be worth a FORTUNE in trade. Duelers would love them, max fast
run on boots, high triple resists(especially for cold, which people like to
stack for use against cold sorcs), AND the max possibly FHR on boots, which
duelers also like.

> --
> If in doubt, hit with axe.

Hi,

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:
>

>>So, there I was, questing with the one and only Mr. Dalai Lama in act
>>1 of nightmare, he with his new dog, me with my new beekeeper
>>sorceress. After a very one sided battle with andariel, a pair of
>>rare boots drops. Thinking not much more of it, I grab them on the
>>way out, and give them to Cain to check out. Turns out they're:
>>
>>http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots.GIF
>
> And another hit from Andariel this morning during my breakfast MF
> session:
>
> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots2.gif

going through my ATMA stash, I just found a very nice belt I'm using on
my bowazon now:

Heavy Belt
+60 life
Fire/Lightning/Poison Res +25%

Needed upgrading to Battle Belt to have 4 rows, though.

Regards,

Oliver

"Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> had this idea for a movie:

>> And another hit from Andariel this morning during my breakfast MF session:
>>
>> http://users.zoominternet.net/~svh/Pics/goodrareboots2.gif
>
>These would be worth a FORTUNE in trade. Duelers would love them, max fast
>run on boots, high triple resists(especially for cold, which people like to
>stack for use against cold sorcs), AND the max possibly FHR on boots, which
>duelers also like.

Purely out of curiosity, what are we defining as "fortune" these days, in
trade terms?

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:56:26 +1200, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>I'll be refreshing your characters this morning.
>
>Hope to see you soon.

Thankee, Sai, but it might be a while :-( The heathens I'm living with
don't even have a phone jack upstairs, and wouldn't put up with a cord
running through the house, so I may have to wait until the six-month
lease I signed is over before I get Internet access again.