crysis sandbox help`

rapigan

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008
Ive gotten the sandbox installed and its working fine, but i wonder if anyone could tell me how to create objects (ex put a helicopter in the first level etc) I know its a really noobish question but if anyone could help me thank you very much.

G

help file? try experimenting...

I can honestly tell you the coolest stuff comes out of experimentng

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
So you load the map from the game that you want to mod. Select the entity that you want to drop in...like a vehicle or extra guns or ammo. You can either drag and drop it or hold shift and click to put it in. For a vehicle you will have to select the entity tab in the roll up bar and find vehicles in the list. Guns are under items. If you don't see the roll up bar on the right side, just go into view, show roll up bar.

When you are done modding, you have to go to file, export to engine in order for it to work in the game. Save it and then run the game and your mod should take hold.

To find the helicopter you might have to do a little more work. In the upper right corner of sandbox there is a blue "DB" Click that to go into the data base. I don't have sandbox up but there should be an entities tab. Under that tab you can hit the folder icon to load entities in. You should get a file up that has a ton of options like vehicles, props...whatever. If you add vehicles the helicopter should be in it.

SO...when you close your database view and are looking at your map, you should have an archetype entities tab in the roll up bar. Under that in vehicles you should be able to find the chopper.

Remember always to export to engine and then save when you make a change. Also, you might want to make a backup of your game level before you mod it just in case you screw it up.