forgotten password

I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
SOL?
3 answers Last reply
More about forgotten password

    Hi Eva,

    Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the
    Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen
    select Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account and
    assuming a password was never assigned to it click enter. From there
    go to Start - Run and type

    control userpasswords2

    then you can select any user account and Reset Passwords.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    eva wrote:
    > I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
    > password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
    > SOL?

    Sound advice from Bert. Once you get back into Windows I would sugest you
    make a password reset diskette.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Eva,
    >
    > Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows
    > Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen select
    > Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account and assuming a
    > password was never assigned to it click enter. From there go to Start -
    > Run and type
    >
    > control userpasswords2
    >
    > then you can select any user account and Reset Passwords.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > eva wrote:
    >> I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
    >> password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
    >> SOL?

    Eva;
    Something here should help:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "eva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
    > password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
    > SOL?

Microsoft Windows XP