forgotten password

January 3, 2005 9:02:29 PM

I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
SOL?

More about : forgotten password

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 1:08:45 AM

Hi Eva,

Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the
Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen
select Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account and
assuming a password was never assigned to it click enter. From there
go to Start - Run and type

control userpasswords2

then you can select any user account and Reset Passwords.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

eva wrote:
> I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
> password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
> SOL?
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 2:00:32 AM

Sound advice from Bert. Once you get back into Windows I would sugest you
make a password reset diskette.

Ted Zieglar

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Eva,
>
> Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows
> Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen select
> Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account and assuming a
> password was never assigned to it click enter. From there go to Start -
> Run and type
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> then you can select any user account and Reset Passwords.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> eva wrote:
>> I am using windows XP home and have forgotten my sign on
>> password. How can I bypass this to sign on? or am i just
>> SOL?

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 2:50:32 AM

Eva;