New 800mhz Intel FSBs...

DarkAmeba

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2003
Ok, first off I'm going to say that this is the first time that I have ever built my own computer from scratch, and I haven't started building anything yet.... SO please forgive my stupidity :)
My main question right now is whether or not I should wait for the new Intel Chipset w/ 800mhz FSB to come out. Does anyone have an estimate on when it is actually going to come out? I've saved for awhile now, so I'm planning on buying relativly state of the art. I know that if I buy a mobo now that dosen't support 800mhz FSB, I'm hurting my upgrade ability greatly. Is it worth waiting for the new chipset? Also, are there any mobos out now or coming out soon that will support the new FSB that you would recommend?
(BTW, I've used Intel since the 486, so I think i'm going to stick with them. However if anyone knows when the Barton with the new FSB comes out please let me know that too so I can compare)
Thanks for the help, and again I'm sorry for the dumb questions.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DarkAmeba on 03/06/03 05:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

bob_dn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Word is Canterwood/Springdale will debut in April.
I considered buying a board with the SiS 655 chipset but I'm waiting another month or so to see what the Intel offering holds. Upgradability is an issue. I've read the new Intel chipsets will be upgradable to the Prescott core.

Of course only Intel knows for sure.

Oh, BTW, where Intel is involved there are no dumb questions.