I have turned settings down to lowest

reinstalled switched Drivers

Vsync Off

UPdated DX 9 and 10

updated sound and video drivers

Tweaked config

No Firewall

No Aero

I can go on but **** WHAT THE HELL is the matter?

I will "luv u long time" if you help me THANKS.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
is this the first time you use vista on that pc?

because 2 gb of ram isn't enough. i'm sitting right now on a c2d 1.8 with 2gb ram, and it has only a 7500le for that game, but it runs good enough on high-med settings. maybe vista takes too much cpu power from your (singlecore?) processor

bobwya

May 21, 2005
OK first if that's a 3.4Ghz P4 you really need to update your CPU (and probably your MB). A C2D will run much more smoothly. A P31 board and an Intel E5200 won't break the bank...

A 7600GS is not a gaming GPU and never was. An ATI 4670 is an entry level gaming card...

2Gb is the sweet spot for Windows XP but is too low for gaming on Windows Vista. It might be time to [strike]down[/strike]upgrade?? :sol:

Bob

7600GS should run CS:S and 1.6 just fine - I've run it okay on the ATI integrated mobos, bobwya you are just being a snob ;) My third rig still plays Everquest @ 1280x1024 on a 7600GS just fine.

Presuming that you are running a sane resolution, I would suggest more RAM (hell as it's so cheap now I'd suggest more RAM to anything if you have the cash spare).

After that you need to isolate the cause of the problem - how busy does the task manager say your CPU is whilst playing? What version of the nVidia drivers do you have installed? Are other games about what you would expect? Is there a broken fan / loose heatsink on your GPU?

PeckerW00d

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Ya after talking to a lot of people and lots of posting I feel that Vista is my Problem. MY conclusion is HIGH end on Vista or Die (as in go back to XP)

High on vista dual core 3-4 gig 512 gpu etc etc

or use what i have for xp.

Thanks for the time and I am impressed by the respones and timing
I will be around here much much more.

bobwya

May 21, 2005

Spread 'em wide - my luv machine is ready!! Don't worry I'll spare the young'un...

sheep-pictures_608.jpg

Bob :sol: