VIDEO: HP Fires Back at iPad with New Slate Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

weepee

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
hmm, USB... flash... SD card slot... a step up,
but a netbook still has all those things with a keyboard and is cheaper.
i guess i just don't get this tablet fad.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Pretty but I'm still not quite ready to jump on the tablet band wagon yet. Let me know when they're portable without a laptop bag and has some way to protect the screen and it will be superior to the standard laptop but it's not there yet.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
What OS is it running, custom HP, Linux, Windows? Yeah, looks cool, and the Atom should be more powerful for certain apps than the ARM-like chip in the iPad (custom Apple chip is it not?), but I still don't need a tablet, not at those prices.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
i had my speakers all the way up, was watching a movie, and then forgot to turn them down when I watched this, so the impression is certainly there.

Furthermore it seems nice, promising. although I'd most rather just have it run win7 with onscreen keyboard instead of that interface.

G

@ hellwig: If you would even read the first sentence of the article, it states "Windows 7-based tablet..."

aleccj1

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I don't understand... Was that Windows 7 or Android, because I thought there were 2 versions, one w/ each OS.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]For the add the should just post it multitasking and watching 2 youtube videos at the same time.[/citation]
Because watching 2 vidoes at the same time is useful for what? Maybe demonstrate multitasking by listening to 5 songs at once?

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]RebelRising[/nom]@ hellwig: If you would even read the first sentence of the article, it states "Windows 7-based tablet..."[/citation]

Yea, but if you watch the video it looks nothing like W7.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Oh wow! Now THAT I might actually buy![/citation]
Agreed. And I couldn't care less whether it could sync with crapplewere.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Not interested if it is running Windows 7. Not because I don't love Windows 7, using it right now on my desktop, but because I wouldn't love Windows 7 without a mouse and keyboard. OS was not designed for touch input. It has "support" for touch input but it wasn't designed from the ground up FOR touch input. Somewhere in between what Apple is doing with a mobile OS and a full fledged Windows 7 is a sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.