I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no idea
where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
towards a good resource.

Thank you and Happy New Year

Try this site and Happy New Year to you!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/starteremote.mspx

"Mark R" wrote:

> I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
> are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no idea
> where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
> towards a good resource.
>
> Thank you and Happy New Year

Thank you, good resource.

"parkman1947" wrote:

> Try this site and Happy New Year to you!
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/starteremote.mspx
>

> "Mark R" wrote:
>
> > I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
> > are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no idea
> > where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
> > towards a good resource.
> >
> > Thank you and Happy New Year

Get started with Remote Desktop:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
> are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no
> idea
> where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
> towards a good resource.
>
> Thank you and Happy New Year

Thank you, good resource.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Get started with Remote Desktop:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
> > are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no
> > idea
> > where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
> > towards a good resource.
> >
> > Thank you and Happy New Year

Hi Rick,
I have followed the instructions but still cannot connect remotely. Are
there any tricks of the trade? I have used the IP address as the name for
the computer and also used my user name and password. What is the "domain"
setting for?
My host computer is on (but I'm logged out) with windows firewall set to
allow exceptions, it is also connected via DSL as is my client computer.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Get started with Remote Desktop:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer, both
> > are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely no
> > idea
> > where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point me
> > towards a good resource.
> >
> > Thank you and Happy New Year

Hi,

Try leaving it logged on, there is a bug that affects some systems where the
RD will not work if no accounts are logged on.

--

> Hi Rick,
> I have followed the instructions but still cannot connect remotely. Are
> there any tricks of the trade? I have used the IP address as the name for
> the computer and also used my user name and password. What is the
> "domain"
> setting for?
> My host computer is on (but I'm logged out) with windows firewall set to
> allow exceptions, it is also connected via DSL as is my client computer.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Get started with Remote Desktop:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to setup remote login from my home to my office computer,
>> >both
>> > are XP PRO. Having looked in the windows help file I have absolutely
>> > no
>> > idea
>> > where to start. Could someone please give me some direction or point
>> > me
>> > towards a good resource.
>> >
>> > Thank you and Happy New Year

Sorry to keep bothering you but... this didnot work either, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mark