OE will not send after upgrade / restore

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

Hello,

Will OE ever spell check again and send email? Using XP Prof with Office
2002.

Outlook Express will not send. It says, 'installing' but nothing else.
After a bad upgrade we ran the restore. The check spelling is 'checked'
How can you tell OE that we have Office 2002 with a spell checker?

Office 2002 Outlook will not send at all. Also it cannot find the old
calendar. Are there diff folder locations with each upgrade?

Using XP Prof on a Dell PC with Office Prof 2002. After buying Office Prof
2003 it was upgraded. The install / upgrade went fine. But now in Outlook
express I lost my contacts and email.

In Outlook 2003 the calendar is lost. Can you help? It is a different
location for the files and folders?

Is there a Microsoft support document for a 2003 upgrade?

Should the upgrade disk have asked where the old folders where or at least
broadcast an information window explaining after the upgrade everything
would be lost or need reconfiguring?

Thank you,

CajunClickers@hotmail.com

http://clickers.org

<CajunClickers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Will OE ever spell check again and send email? Using XP Prof with
> Office 2002.
>
> Outlook Express will not send. It says, 'installing' but nothing
> else. After a bad upgrade we ran the restore. The check spelling is
> 'checked' How can you tell OE that we have Office 2002 with a spell
> checker?
>
> Office 2002 Outlook will not send at all. Also it cannot find the old
> calendar. Are there diff folder locations with each upgrade?
>
> Using XP Prof on a Dell PC with Office Prof 2002. After buying
> Office Prof 2003 it was upgraded. The install / upgrade went fine.
> But now in Outlook express I lost my contacts and email.
>
> In Outlook 2003 the calendar is lost. Can you help? It is a
> different location for the files and folders?
>
> Is there a Microsoft support document for a 2003 upgrade?
>
> Should the upgrade disk have asked where the old folders where or at
> least broadcast an information window explaining after the upgrade
> everything would be lost or need reconfiguring?
>
> Thank you,
>
> CajunClickers@hotmail.com
>
> http://clickers.org

What happens when you try to send?
Quote any error messages exactly.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

How can this error be resolved with the upgrade from Office 2002 to Office
2003 with XP Home and Srv Pak 2?
I am the ADMINISTRATOR and logged in as the Admin.
Thanks!

The Office Update site is unable to check for updates on this computer. This
may be happening because of one of the following reasons:

You do not have administrative privileges for this computer.

There is a network problem and the detection catalog used by the Office
Update site failed to download. Go back to the Downloads home page and try
running detection again.

Windows Installer patch files (.MSP files) from previously applied Office
updates are missing from the \Windows\Installer hidden directory on your
computer. MSP files are stored on your computer after update installation
completes because they need to be referenced for future update operations.
If the files are missing you will not be able to apply Office updates. You
may also be unable to uninstall Office products as a result of the same
problem. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for assistance.

You installed Office updates in the past and then upgraded from Windows
Installer version 1.0 to Windows Installer version 1.1. For more information
see the KB article Windows Installer May Prompt for Install Source if
Unavailable.
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> <CajunClickers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Will OE ever spell check again and send email? Using XP Prof with
>> Office 2002.
>>
>> Outlook Express will not send. It says, 'installing' but nothing
>> else. After a bad upgrade we ran the restore. The check spelling is
>> 'checked' How can you tell OE that we have Office 2002 with a spell
>> checker? Office 2002 Outlook will not send at all. Also it cannot find
>> the old
>> calendar. Are there diff folder locations with each upgrade?
>>
>> Using XP Prof on a Dell PC with Office Prof 2002. After buying
>> Office Prof 2003 it was upgraded. The install / upgrade went fine. But
>> now in Outlook express I lost my contacts and email.
>>
>> In Outlook 2003 the calendar is lost. Can you help? It is a
>> different location for the files and folders?
>>
>> Is there a Microsoft support document for a 2003 upgrade?
>>
>> Should the upgrade disk have asked where the old folders where or at
>> least broadcast an information window explaining after the upgrade
>> everything would be lost or need reconfiguring?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> CajunClickers@hotmail.com
>>
>> http://clickers.org
>
> What happens when you try to send?
> Quote any error messages exactly.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

I can't see that you addressed either of my questions.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Cajun Clickers" <cajunclickers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> else. After a bad upgrade we ran the restore. The check spelling is
> 'checked' How can you tell OE that we have Office 2002 with a spell
> checker?
>
> Office 2002 Outlook will not send at all. Also it cannot find the old
> calendar. Are there diff folder locations with each upgrade?
>
> Using XP Prof on a Dell PC with Office Prof 2002. After buying
> Office Prof 2003 it was upgraded. The install / upgrade went fine.
> But now in Outlook express I lost my contacts and email.
>
> In Outlook 2003 the calendar is lost. Can you help? It is a
> different location for the files and folders?
>
> Is there a Microsoft support document for a 2003 upgrade?
>
> Should the upgrade disk have asked where the old folders where or at
> least broadcast an information window explaining after the upgrade
> everything would be lost or need reconfiguring?

OE has nothing whatsoever to do with Office. It is part of IE. Please repost
in the appropriate place (i.e. an OE group).
on salads.