Battlefield 3?

papazulu

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Different guys on BF2 have told me they've heard something about BF 3. Anyone know if there is anything concrete on this? I can't find anything.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I cant find the link but my mate sent me one a while back, DICE has canned BF3 apparently. Not even a bad company port, Id be happy if they ported all the vietnam and 1942 maps into the the bf2 engine. I still play bf2 and we can hope...... In the meantime there is always L4D.

So much for that...

BTW, we tried PR, but too many of us can't stand it. Overall, its too slow moving compared to what we want. It also doesn't have the player base needed to sustain a large clan. The game is simply to old to attract new players at this point, so all we get are other clan members looking for a new home. A new game needs to replace BF2 to put some life back in the clan...

We want the fast, tactical gameplay of BF2, but not the tedious shooter PR has become. At the same time, we can't stand games like CS:S and COD, that move too quickly with maps that are too small.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
How hard can it be to port all the previous maps from the BF series into BF2. I mean 1942 / Desert Combat, BF Vietnam. Surely someone clever can do this! I still play sometimes but I miss El Alamein!

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
i think nearly 2 years back it was mentioned that BF3 was supposed to come out by 2008 but i think they were too busy making mirrors edge which wasn't that good and BF heroes which would be even worse unless u like to play free games.

Hence the issue; too many mods to have a clan based on any one in particular. It was hard enough getting CAL to restart BF2 8v8; it won't be possible to get anyone to start competiion for a mod of BF2.

(P.S. = Am recruiting - PM for details :D )

mexpedip

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
bf2 patch 1.5 is supposed to be released soon.
not ocnfirmed but I have heard the patch...
equal out jets
solve the commander hack
add a new map
and a few other thing that have to do with security/anti cheat

papazulu

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008

Wouldn't you agree that there was something awesome about BF1942 that may just be inimitable? I do think that BF2 is a "better game" and the next logical step in the BF franchise. And yet I also think I can honestly say that there was something (more magical?) about bf1942. More transportive and escapist.

I remember reading a review by some game critic a few months after it came out, and the guy said that after playing Gazala and Midway for a few hours, he turned the game off and just had to sit back in awe at how it made him feel. BF1942 was not a perfect game, but I do miss something about it that I just haven't gotten from BF2.

Of course I know this would not seem a logical next step but I for one would love another WW2 shooter based on a new engine that could some how manage to recapture that magic I got from bf1942 in the first year I played it.