Hook up printer

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2004 4:59:47 AM

I have a desktop that has a DSL modem and wireless router hooked up to it.
My laptop is the wireless device feeding of the router from the desktop.
My printer is hooked up to my desktop where everything is via wire.
Is it possible to print direcly from my laptop where nothing is via wire?

Both are Win XP.

Thanks.

IS.

More about : hook printer

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2004 5:13:44 AM

"IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> I have a desktop that has a DSL modem and wireless router hooked up to it.
> My laptop is the wireless device feeding of the router from the desktop.
> My printer is hooked up to my desktop where everything is via wire.
> Is it possible to print direcly from my laptop where nothing is via wire?
>
> Both are Win XP.
>
> Thanks.
>
> IS.

Yes. File and Printer Sharing works exactly the same whether your LAN is
wired, wireless, or a combination.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2004 5:35:53 AM

Thanks Ron.
One more thing.
Does my desktop have to be on if I choose to print from the laptop?

Thanks.

IS.

"Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes @yah00.com> wrote in message
> "IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> > I have a desktop that has a DSL modem and wireless router hooked up to
it.
> > My laptop is the wireless device feeding of the router from the desktop.
> > My printer is hooked up to my desktop where everything is via wire.
> > Is it possible to print direcly from my laptop where nothing is via
wire?

> > Both are Win XP.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > IS.
>
> Yes. File and Printer Sharing works exactly the same whether your LAN is
> wired, wireless, or a combination.
>
> Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2004 5:54:12 AM

"IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Ron.
> One more thing.
> Does my desktop have to be on if I choose to print from the laptop?

If you get one that's in the link and plug it into the router and plug the
printer into it, then no and both computers can print across the network.
Otherwise, the printer has to be connected to a computer and the computer
must be on for the other computer to use the networked printer.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/catego...

Duane :)
!