DVD-RW Recording Support???

Does Windows XP Professional support DVD-RW Recording? I've been trying to
record something to my DVD-RW, but it says that the cd I've inserted is not
recordable. Can someone help me? Nero also don't work...

Hi

There is no built-in DVD support in XP. You will need to use a 3rd party
program, such as :

Roxio - www.roxio.com

Nero works OK here on an SP1/SP2 partitions.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Firqin" <lord_89@streamyx.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Does Windows XP Professional support DVD-RW Recording? I've been trying to
> record something to my DVD-RW, but it says that the cd I've inserted is
> not
> recordable. Can someone help me? Nero also don't work...

This is an excellent freeware alternative to bloated programs like Nero or
Roxio.
CDBurnerXP Pro http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Firqin" <lord_89@streamyx.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Does Windows XP Professional support DVD-RW Recording? I've been trying to
> record something to my DVD-RW, but it says that the cd I've inserted is
> not
> recordable. Can someone help me? Nero also don't work...

Firqin <lord_89@streamyx.com.(donotspam)> wrote:

>Does Windows XP Professional support DVD-RW Recording? I've been trying to
>record something to my DVD-RW, but it says that the cd I've inserted is not
>recordable. Can someone help me? Nero also don't work

The inbuilt burning does not deal in DVD. Nero does, but make sure it
is up to date (6.6)