Sign in with
Your question

GA-7VRXP unknown device

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 8, 2003 11:58:56 PM

In device manager i've got an unkown device. I've installed the 4 in one drivers, and i can't think of anything that isn't installed. I've also flashed teh bios. It isn't really hurting anything, but sure is annoying me. If anybody has any idea what it is please tell me. Thanks.

More about : 7vrxp unknown device

March 9, 2003 12:14:32 AM

Can you remove the unknown device and let Windows detects it again on reboot? I think Windows will let you know what device it finds and asks for driver.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 9, 2003 1:01:37 AM

I've tried removing it, it comes back, and windows just calls it uknown device. I've searched windows update, the computer, and everything else. I think i'm just going to disable it or leave it go.
Related resources
March 9, 2003 2:24:45 AM

Most likely it's the USB 2.0 controller. Check the CD that came with your mobo. You have to instal the driver and then the patch. I know, I use the same board.

The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it. <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=32..." target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>
March 9, 2003 2:16:07 PM

Yeah hes right, most gb m/b's ive used with usb 2 dont install the drivers auto, you have to do it manually.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 9, 2003 6:11:48 PM

I installed the 4 in 1 drivers, and all the usb 2.0 stuff is installed. I didn't install "the patch" though, do you know where i could get this patch you are refering to?
March 10, 2003 12:01:52 PM

I belive I know what it is. LOL.. I had the same problem with my 7VRXP board.. If it is not the USB 2.0 it is the media card reader connection. The drivers for that are on the disk.. I just shut mine down in the bios. I didn't need it. The defult for that is "ON". Good luck.

Hang in there. It can only get better!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 11, 2003 7:30:58 PM

You say it might be the media card reader? DO you know where in the bios that is? I coudlnt' find it. I'd like to disable it too.
March 11, 2003 10:56:42 PM

I can't believe I missed that. You'll find that option in the Integrated Peripherals section under MS/SD Interface. Just set it to disable.

The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it. <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=32..." target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
March 11, 2003 11:36:00 PM

It worked perfectly, thanks a lot.
March 12, 2003 10:54:49 AM

ANYTIME... Im glad we could help. Take care.

Hang in there. It can only get better!
!