Vietnam Government Denies Botnet Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
question, what does the malware license plate picture have to do with the article? sometimes i just don't understand how you chose pictures for your articles.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
..."the botnet was affection vietnamese "...

a lot of affection, indeed...
C'mon, Jane, U can do better than that.

anhxeom

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
sicpric Vietnam has computers...?

You better believe they do! They are building a $1billion Intel chipset manufacturing facility there. Asus, Gigabyte, Foxconn, etc is there. Every corners of their cities has internet cafe. If you haven't noticed, when Toms showed the preview of the Dell Mini 5 video and some other new gadgets, the video were from Vietnam. I believe it was tinhte.com, it's the Vietnamese version of Toms!

maliusmaximus

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I've been living in Vietnam for years, and yeah they love their shiny new tech here just as much as any other developing country. Vietnam is also among the world leaders in certain fields of software development believe it or not. Also the government really is a case of "Big brother is watching". To write more would be a bad idea for me to do as people really get arrested, sentenced to death or deported for any anti-government sentiment....

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]maliusmaximus[/nom]I've been living in Vietnam for years, and yeah they love their shiny new tech here just as much as any other developing country. Vietnam is also among the world leaders in certain fields of software development believe it or not. Also the government really is a case of "Big brother is watching". To write more would be a bad idea for me to do as people really get arrested, sentenced to death or deported for any anti-government sentiment....[/citation]

In our ICBMs I trust.

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]maliusmaximus[/nom]I've been living in Vietnam for years, and yeah they love their shiny new tech here just as much as any other developing country. Vietnam is also among the world leaders in certain fields of software development believe it or not. Also the government really is a case of "Big brother is watching". To write more would be a bad idea for me to do as people really get arrested, sentenced to death or deported for any anti-government sentiment....[/citation]

pcwlai

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Clearly, the statement by the Vietnamese government is groundless because, in a country any government agencies can break into your data center and cease your servers and operations without paying large sum of cash (real money, no electronic transfer) otherwise, you are jailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.