Display Properties

January 8, 2005 8:47:32 AM

When I right click on my desktop, click properties I
get 'Display Properties'. When I click on 'Desktop' the
wallpaper on my desktop is not shown and when I try to
change it the Display Property box freezes to my desktop
and I can only unfreeze it by doing a restart.

More about : display properties

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 11:02:28 AM

Bob Anderson wrote:
> When I right click on my desktop, click properties I
> get 'Display Properties'. When I click on 'Desktop' the
> wallpaper on my desktop is not shown and when I try to
> change it the Display Property box freezes to my desktop
> and I can only unfreeze it by doing a restart.

So what happens if you change it in the registry and reboot?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
"Wallpaper"

Modify it value to something you know is valid (another BMP) and close the
registry editor and reboot.

--
<- Shenan ->