Private File User Accounts

January 8, 2005 1:35:03 PM

I accidently made a user account private, when I really wanted to keep it so
everyone could access them from other user accounts. If anyone could tell me
how to change the account back to "normal" I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
January 8, 2005 3:34:44 PM

Hmmmm. I really dont know about that one, the only thing that I can
think of is if you get really desperate, you can login to the user,
copy all the documents you want from that user on to a directory right
on C:\. Then,if you really want to you can create a new user and just
don't make the same mistake.

--Chris
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:24:55 PM

Hi Katie,

Logon to another administrator account make the changes from there.

If there is no other admin account boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS
information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe
Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator. This is the hidden
Administrator account and assuming a password was never assigned to it
click enter of if so enter the password. Once in, make your changes.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

!