Open My Computer with left-hand pane in Folders view?

When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer), there is a Folders
button which toggles the contents of the left-hand pane between a folders
tree, and a list of common tasks.

By default it seems to always open in the common tasks view.

Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane showing a tree view of
folders, by default?
3 answers Last reply
More about open computer left hand pane folders view

    Hi,

    Create a new Shortcut and use following path as the location:

    %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    Place the shortcut in the in the Start Menu, Quick Launch Toolbar or
    where ever you like.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Cycle wrote:
    > When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer),
    > there is a Folders button which toggles the contents of
    > the left-hand pane between a folders tree, and a list of
    > common tasks.
    >

    > By default it seems to always open in the common tasks
    > view.
    >

    > Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane
    > showing a tree view of folders, by default?

    Thank you for the information

    Cycle.

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Create a new Shortcut and use following path as the location:
    >
    > %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    >
    > Place the shortcut in the in the Start Menu, Quick Launch Toolbar or where
    > ever you like.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Cycle wrote:
    >> When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer),
    >> there is a Folders button which toggles the contents of
    >> the left-hand pane between a folders tree, and a list of
    >> common tasks.
    >>

    >> By default it seems to always open in the common tasks
    >> view.
    >>

    >> Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane
    >> showing a tree view of folders, by default?

    You're welcome Cycle.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Cycle wrote:
    > Thank you for the information
    >
    > Cycle.
    >
    > oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    > "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Create a new Shortcut and use following path as the
    >> location: %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    >>
    >> Place the shortcut in the in the Start Menu, Quick
    >> Launch Toolbar or where ever you like.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Cycle wrote:
    >>> When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My
    >>> Computer), there is a Folders button which toggles the
    >>> contents of the left-hand pane between a folders tree,
    >>> and a list of common tasks.
    >>>

    >>> By default it seems to always open in the common tasks
    >>> view.
    >>>

    >>> Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane
    >>> showing a tree view of folders, by default?

Default Computers Microsoft Windows XP