Open My Computer with left-hand pane in Folders view?

January 9, 2005 1:02:06 AM

When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer), there is a Folders
button which toggles the contents of the left-hand pane between a folders
tree, and a list of common tasks.

By default it seems to always open in the common tasks view.

Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane showing a tree view of
folders, by default?
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:02:07 AM

Hi,

Create a new Shortcut and use following path as the location:

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

Place the shortcut in the in the Start Menu, Quick Launch Toolbar or
where ever you like.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

Cycle wrote:
> When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer),
> there is a Folders button which toggles the contents of
> the left-hand pane between a folders tree, and a list of
> common tasks.
>

> By default it seems to always open in the common tasks
> view.
>

> Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane
> showing a tree view of folders, by default?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:13:15 PM

Thank you for the information

Cycle.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Create a new Shortcut and use following path as the location:
>
> %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
>
> Place the shortcut in the in the Start Menu, Quick Launch Toolbar or where
> ever you like.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Cycle wrote:
>> When My Computer opens ( by clicking Start, My Computer),
>> there is a Folders button which toggles the contents of
>> the left-hand pane between a folders tree, and a list of
>> common tasks.
>>

>> By default it seems to always open in the common tasks
>> view.
>>

>> Can I make My Computer open with the left-hand pane
>> showing a tree view of folders, by default?

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:13:16 PM

You're welcome Cycle.

--