Team Spooky Vixon Bongo Shythed Apr 2005 Week 2

If you people are going to continue through act 5 NM and do Anya, I'd
be glad to join ya.

I guess the next real big one will be the Ancients. I really don't have
a problem with levleing some first. And I am sure that Bongo has a real
good Battle Plan laid out for us when we face them. Just give me one to
concentrate on. The merc and valk will tank while I spam plague and
lightning. Name my target. I am ready to avenge the victory of my pally
that ended as a defeat.

Just need to know what you are up to as I also have an option of
lurking around normal with Misfit and Shady if they show up tonite.

Orion Ryder
15 answers Last reply
More about team spooky vixon bongo shythed 2005 week

    "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you people are going to continue through act 5 NM and do Anya, I'd
    > be glad to join ya.
    >
    > I guess the next real big one will be the Ancients. I really don't have
    > a problem with levleing some first. And I am sure that Bongo has a real
    > good Battle Plan laid out for us when we face them. Just give me one to
    > concentrate on. The merc and valk will tank while I spam plague and
    > lightning. Name my target. I am ready to avenge the victory of my pally
    > that ended as a defeat.
    >
    > Just need to know what you are up to as I also have an option of
    > lurking around normal with Misfit and Shady if they show up tonite.
    >
    > Orion Ryder

    I probably won't be ready for the NM ancients until late in the week, or
    maybe the weekend. I need to level up some more first, and I'm also working
    on my enchantress and a new low level hammerdin.

    I almost lost my enchantress yesterday. Leveling in act three nightmare,
    must have had a lag spike just after coming through a waypoint to Karrest
    Bazaar, and nothing much was on the screen, when suddenly I was surrounded
    by vultures. They had me stun locked! I couldn't move, or cast! Four full
    purples later, after watching the red ball on the left side go down to
    "nothing", teleport suddenly worked (I'm guessing that my merc came to my
    rescue), and I got the heck out of there! She went back to town and yelled
    obscenities at them! I HATE lag!

    Ruben

    ------- Begin Quote ---------------
    Oh, to the point. I got lagged in the durance 2 (NM) with dolls
    everywhere,
    two boss packs, six fat purps, a change of boxers and, 10 minutes later
    my
    heart-rate dropped back below 160bpm. Man! Talk about adrenaline rush!
    ------- End Quote -----------------
    Yup, been there, done that! Even after all the (perhaps hundreds?) of
    hours of Hardcore play I've done, my heart was still beating fast when
    I thought my enchantress was a goner! I HATE lag, but you got to
    admit, there isn't anything in softcore PVM play that gets your pulse
    pounding like a near miss in hardcore with a well developed character.
    :-)

    I seriously doubt that any of us have characters strong enough "yet" to
    pull five mules through nightmare. I'd imagine that four mules with
    four play characters might make it fairly safely, or three strong
    killers with an enchantress helping. We probably need to get one of
    the enchantresses hell capable anyway. (not sure, Bongo's may already
    be that way)

    I only have one good nightmare character, and she's sitting in act
    four, mainly because I'm unwilling to play her unless my connection is
    decent. I usually start off with a muling session, or at least a quick
    trip into normal. If my lag is mostly under 300 or so, then I'll play
    nightmare. The last couple of evenings, it has been running more like
    400-600, with huge spikes that leave me stuck for a bit, then when I'm
    free, I'll get a display of 2,400 to 4,600. Even my digital television
    signal has be very poor the last couple of days, although that has
    nothing to do with my DSL, at least I don't think it does.

    To compound my slow character development process, I'm building several
    characters at once. I've been in the position of losing my one and
    only play character, and I don't ever want to do that again. Besides,
    there are just SO many fun builds to play! :-)

    Ruben

    ------------ Begin Quote --------------
    Well, I lost my new MFer this morning. ......... Thinking about it, I
    think I just lost my interest in doing repeated Meph runs. I guess I
    guess I'm just not cut out to be a MFer.
    ------------ End Quote ----------------
    Sorry to hear about the loss :-(

    I can sure understand not wanting to do any more Meph runs though, I
    just hate doing MF runs (dangerous and boring is a nasty combination!).
    Which is why I usually get by with marginal equipment, unless some
    kind hearted soul like you [Grin] donates something to me.

    Which reminds me, I took a pally shield, boots, and tarnhem helm from
    the common mules this morning (Thank you!) for the hammerdin I'm
    building. Let me know if you need any of them back. I'm still having
    a tough time getting any hits in with the hammers, but they seem to
    work well when they do hit, so I'll just have to work on it :-)

    Ruben

    Mark wrote:
    > "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Just need to know what you are up to as I also have an option of
    > > lurking around normal with Misfit and Shady if they show up tonite.
    >
    > Well, I lost my new MFer this morning. I'd like to say it was due to
    me
    > being half asleep. But to be honest, it was just poor play on my
    part, too
    > sloppy. Thinking about it, I think I just lost my interest in doing
    repeated
    > Meph runs. I guess I guess I'm just not cut out to be a MFer. Oh
    well, easy
    > come easy go. So seeing as I don't have the heart for another MFer,
    and I
    > used up all my MF gear, I think I'm going to stick with play
    characters for
    > now. I'll be starting a new Sorc of some flavor, and I have another
    spot
    > open on my account for another newbie. Fate wants me to build a
    Necro, as
    > I've found 2 summoning charms recently. But I'm kind of burned out on
    them
    > right now.
    >
    > So this week I'll probably be playing some newbies, or pushing my
    Boner
    > deeper into NM (currently A2).
    >
    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo-Fury

    Yuck!

    Oh well! Excitement is a requirement afterall and losing the excitement
    I'm sure could lead to losing interest just as much an analogy that I
    won't get into here. It's too bad they don't have Viaagra for MFers or
    something. IT has to be a lot different than the playing for the quests
    and XP.

    Now you got me scared about building a cold sorc. I had a lot of fun
    with the one I had/hae in SC. But she seemed to only be uber as far as
    NM Baal. Then it got tricky in hell. But there were a few spots in Hell
    that she could pwn.

    BTW Bongo, the HC gang has a "Help Wanted" sign out for conviction
    pallies. Mine JackJr is up to level 18 now and Kasmir, well he seems to
    have temporarilyu lost interest. There might be times when a convict
    could be handy in hell.

    Cheers and seeya tonite or soon.

    Orion Ryder

    Hey once you get the hang og those hammers they are awesome. Except in
    a few places. But then you just turn on you maxed synergized conviction
    and the party completely forgives you for any inability to hammerdize
    in those locations.

    Orion Ryder

    "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Just need to know what you are up to as I also have an option of
    > lurking around normal with Misfit and Shady if they show up tonite.

    Well, I lost my new MFer this morning. I'd like to say it was due to me
    being half asleep. But to be honest, it was just poor play on my part, too
    sloppy. Thinking about it, I think I just lost my interest in doing repeated
    Meph runs. I guess I guess I'm just not cut out to be a MFer. Oh well, easy
    come easy go. So seeing as I don't have the heart for another MFer, and I
    used up all my MF gear, I think I'm going to stick with play characters for
    now. I'll be starting a new Sorc of some flavor, and I have another spot
    open on my account for another newbie. Fate wants me to build a Necro, as
    I've found 2 summoning charms recently. But I'm kind of burned out on them
    right now.

    So this week I'll probably be playing some newbies, or pushing my Boner
    deeper into NM (currently A2).

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    Perhaps we could try for the NM Ancients this Friday night ESt (sat NZ)

    Maybe misfit's DSL will be in the zone between now and then and he'll
    also be able to be there then.

    Surely we could gang rape those old men with that crew

    LF/Plaguazon
    Werewolf & crew
    Freezin Orbseress
    Misfitnancer

    I got the WPs all the way to the Ancient Way, ao if anyone needs them
    call me into Nm and I'll give them.

    I think we all need Anya also.

    Orion Ryder

    <If my connection is cooperating on Friday (US time) I'd be happy to
    join the
    party though.>

    Cool. With Bongo-Wolf's help, I finished my enchantress Wednesday
    evening. The next time someone quests through NM Diablo, she needs to
    tag along. When we kill NM baal, she needs to move along with that
    group too. I "may" move her to act two hell someday, but that's as far
    as I ever intend that she go. She can enchant from within town there,
    while many times the bridge in act one prevents that.

    Ruben

    > Perhaps we could try for the NM Ancients this Friday night ESt (sat NZ)

    I'm willing to give the Ancients a try any time. The worst than can happen
    is that I'll die. And a good fight will make even that worth it. Give me a
    yell when you're ready.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    Other way ---> I think 12 noon the next day, Saturday

    Misfit, remember Rube or you mentioned an idea about putting the mule
    behind the building in Travincal, on the runner the goes around the
    area. I don't recall if whoever did it mentioned whether or not it
    worked, but it sounded like a safe plan.

    See Bongo and Misfit on Fri nite, maybe Thurs also.

    Will write another post later with some reminders about the NM Ancients
    in HC.

    Orion Ryder

    Alright Bongo, just give out a battle plan if you have any ideas, which
    I am sure you do.

    I'll start with a few (remember this is hardcore)

    1) If cursed and recognized early enough, Open TP. Any others to TP?
    Such as Holy Freeze?

    2) Do not place yourself in a direct line with Talac and a tanker
    between you and he. Stay at a right angle or anywhere out of line so
    that if he whirlwinds through the tank he does not hit you.

    3) If you see Bongo-Wolf tanking on one ancient and staying on him,
    there is a good chance that Bongo has determined that that Ancient is
    not Fire Enchanted. Try to keep the other two at least far enough away
    from Bongo's area, just in case they are FE. After what happened to my
    JackShythed pally I would not want to see us get in a killing blow only
    to see one of our own get taken out by the FE bug.

    4) Make sure you have all purples in belt.

    5) I will plague each one whenever I get the chance and allow the
    poison to work. Between plagues I will Lightning Fury the piss out of
    them.

    6) What to do if someone gets booted during the battle? We can't run
    around waiting for them to return. The mercs will kill them eventually
    (or they will kill us). Probably have to finish them off and redo for
    anyone that gets booted. Perhaps if Bongo gets the boot very early in
    the foray we should reset because we will not have the Oak Sage.

    7) Chant before battle, right there on Summit. And if the BO barb is in
    we need some BO.

    Any others please add. We need a barrage of pointers and tips so that
    we are running around totally confused during the battle. That way we
    will swing like hell and fight like Frenzytaurs on Cocaine.

    Orion ryder

    Orion Ryder wrote:
    > Other way ---> I think 12 noon the next day, Saturday
    >
    > Misfit, remember Rube or you mentioned an idea about putting the mule
    > behind the building in Travincal, on the runner the goes around the
    > area. I don't recall if whoever did it mentioned whether or not it
    > worked, but it sounded like a safe plan.
    >
    > See Bongo and Misfit on Fri nite, maybe Thurs also.
    >
    > Will write another post later with some reminders about the NM
    Ancients
    > in HC.
    >
    > Orion Ryder

    Watch out for hydras!!!!
    Robert

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message

    > Sweet. We'll see how it goes on Friday. I'm not sure of my weekend plans
    > yet
    > but it seems I'll be free. What time do you guys usually start? (You're
    > NZ -16 hours right? Or was it 18?)

    Yes, Orion, Ruben and I are all US EDST, which is 16 hours behind you
    (B-net -4). We usually get rolling by 8:00 pm, which would be 4:00 am for
    you. We could probably arrange to start a little earlier/later if it would
    make it easier on you.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >> LOL, those mules were only supposed to be for Hellforge/Socket quests
    >> but the NM capable ones are just about full already with various
    >> useful and maybe not so useful stuf my necro finds. Have to be
    >> careful not to risk one while it's carrying anything decent,
    >> especially in it's stash.
    >
    > So much for that. Lost one full of stuff at Travincal yesterday and then
    > thoughtlessly exited before looting could commence. He had a few good
    > items
    > too, a Pierre Couant whatever along with a couple other uniques (I don't
    > want to remember what they were), quite a few runes and charms and some
    > nice
    > yellow stuff.
    >
    > The problem is, even though those mules aren't supposed to be carriers,
    > I've
    > had various of them parked in games while I've been playing my necro and
    > have used them as storage space. A few of them are full of useful and
    > not-so-useful items. I must spend some time muling off, something I seem
    > have trouble finding time for.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    You DO know that the only items that can be looted are the items being worn,
    right? Everything in the stash, cube, inventory, and on the merc is gone
    when the character dies, even WITH loot.

    Ruben

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Ruben-P wrote:
    >> <If my connection is cooperating on Friday (US time) I'd be happy to
    >> join the
    >> party though.>
    >>
    >> Cool. With Bongo-Wolf's help, I finished my enchantress Wednesday
    >> evening. The next time someone quests through NM Diablo, she needs to
    >> tag along. When we kill NM baal, she needs to move along with that
    >> group too. I "may" move her to act two hell someday, but that's as
    >> far as I ever intend that she go. She can enchant from within town
    >> there, while many times the bridge in act one prevents that.
    >
    > Sweet. We'll see how it goes on Friday. I'm not sure of my weekend plans
    > yet
    > but it seems I'll be free. What time do you guys usually start? (You're
    > NZ -16 hours right? Or was it 18?)
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Battle net time on US-West (not sure about other servers, but I "think" that
    they're the same) is the same as "Universal" time, also known as GMT. I
    live in Florida, and due to daylight stupid time, I'm on GMT minus four
    hours during this time of the year. So, twelve noon B'net (GMT) is eight in
    the morning here. We'd probably save confusion if we all converted to B'net
    time.

    Weekdays, when my schedule permits, I try to get on B'net for a bit starting
    around 22:00 (10:00 PM B'net time), but that's usually just to mule or quest
    for a half hour to an hour, at which time I take a break for an hour or so
    to eat and do household chores. I try to return around 24:00 (midnight
    B'net time) for a couple of hours of multiplayer questing.

    Weekends, if I'm online, I tend to start around 10:00 (10:00 AM B'net),
    quest for a couple of hours, and then who knows. Sometimes it's nearly all
    day, sometimes not again until evening, similar to my weekday schedule,
    except I tend to play later, as I sometimes do on Friday evenings.

    Did I confuse things even more? Ahhh, good :-)

    Ruben

Video Games