Sorry for the double posting, but I guess this is the correct area for my question....
Hi guys, I am new on the gaming stuff…In fact, this is my first post here! My extensive knowledge of the machines comprises of switching the computer before using it, and rebooting it many, many times when Microsoft encounters a problem and needs to shut down…
Well, the reason I venturing into the gaming community is to be able to play some racing simulations to improve my road racing skills. I am particularly interested in IRacing.com (system reqs. below), which seems to be very realistic.
I now need to look for a computer that will allow me to run the game efficiently, which not spending much money $800 tops (screen included).
I looked at several vendors and narrowed down to the HP below, will it suffice for me? What other alternatives (other than building a PC myself) should I look at?
Thank you all very much,
System Requirements for IRacing.com
# Windows XP or Windows Vista
# Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
# 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6800 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better recommended) graphics adapter
# 1 GB system RAM
# 3Gb free hard disk space
# Steering wheel and pedals required
# Microphone optional, required for voice chat
HP w2207h 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
HP Pavilion Slimline s3600t customizable Desktop PC
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E4700 (2.6GHz)
- FREE UPGRADE! To 3GB DDR2-800MHz SDRAM (1x2048,1x1024) from 2GB
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]
- FREE UPGRADE to 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB
- Wireless-G LAN card
- LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
- 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, headphone port
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- Integrated 5.1 channel sound with front audio ports
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- No additional security software
- No speakers
- HP keyboard and HP optical mouse
- HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
PC+Monitor Instant Rebate-$150.00
PC instant rebate-$100.00
Free upgrade from 2x1GB RAM to 2GB+1GB RAM?! I have always gone by the rule of matching DIMMS, im not sure the extra 1GB will give you increased performance - it may even reduce it but ill leave a more experienced member to confirm that.
Its also a lot of money for what you get, and doesnt say anything about your Power Supply Unit or Casing. Graphics Card is sucky, and no mention of the motherboard.
The game will run, but i would not buy this PC.