After updating with sp2, (ahhg) I get an error message each time I boot. It
says "The ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link library
MAPI32.dll." Is this something that should worry me? (It does) What should
I do? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Granpa

Ordinal 136 Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic
Link Library Mapi32.dll
http://66.129.43.33/mail_ordinal136.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Ordinal 136 Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic
> Link Library Mapi32.dll
> http://66.129.43.33/mail_ordinal136.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Granpafish" wrote:
>
> | After updating with sp2, (ahhg) I get an error message each time I boot. It
> | says "The ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> | MAPI32.dll." Is this something that should worry me? (It does) What should
> | I do? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Granpa
> Carey, thanks. I am not real computer literate and was not able to even find Eudora on my system. Is there another possibilty I could check for? Granpa

Hi, Granpa.

Eudora is an email program that many users (not me) prefer to Outlook
Express. You would probably know if you had it.

Google found only 4 hits on "ordinal 129" and none of them seemed to fit
your problem. In Google Groups, it found 7 hits (the first one was your
post), but those also seem not very helpful. :>(

You might see if the System File Checker is able to fix your problem. Click
Start | Run and type into the Open box: "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes)
and click OK. SFC will compare each WinXP operating system file with the
"known good" copy held in your on-disk cache and replace any missing or
damaged ones. This will, hopefully, restore the original MAPI32.DLL, dated
8/23/01; this is the version now on my computer and it apparently has not
been updated by SP2 or any other update since WinXP was introduced in 2001.

If that doesn't help, please post back with a few more details.
Step-by-step, when you boot up, when does that message appear, and what do
you see just before then? Is it before the desktop appears? Is it after
your icons appear on the desktop - or in the notification area (down in the
corner near the clock)? Remember that you can see your computer; if we were
looking over your shoulder, we could see these things for ourselves - but
we're not, so you'll have to tell us.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Granpafish" <Granpafish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Ordinal 136 Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic
>> Link Library Mapi32.dll
>> http://66.129.43.33/mail_ordinal136.htm
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> "Granpafish" wrote:
>>
>> | After updating with sp2, (ahhg) I get an error message each time I
>> boot. It
>> | says "The ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link library
>> | MAPI32.dll." Is this something that should worry me? (It does) What
>> should
>> | I do? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Granpa
>> Carey, thanks. I am not real computer literate and was not able to
>> even find Eudora on my system. Is there another possibilty I could check
>> for? Granpa

RC, Thanks for the response. I was unable to reply for some reason, so I
sent you an e-mail describing my results. If you don't get it , let me know
and I'll post it again here if my luck being able to reply holds up. Granpa

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Granpa.
>
> Eudora is an email program that many users (not me) prefer to Outlook
> Express. You would probably know if you had it.
>
> Google found only 4 hits on "ordinal 129" and none of them seemed to fit
> your problem. In Google Groups, it found 7 hits (the first one was your
> post), but those also seem not very helpful. :>(
>
> You might see if the System File Checker is able to fix your problem. Click
> Start | Run and type into the Open box: "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes)
> and click OK. SFC will compare each WinXP operating system file with the
> "known good" copy held in your on-disk cache and replace any missing or
> damaged ones. This will, hopefully, restore the original MAPI32.DLL, dated
> 8/23/01; this is the version now on my computer and it apparently has not
> been updated by SP2 or any other update since WinXP was introduced in 2001.
>
> If that doesn't help, please post back with a few more details.
> Step-by-step, when you boot up, when does that message appear, and what do
> you see just before then? Is it before the desktop appears? Is it after
> your icons appear on the desktop - or in the notification area (down in the
> corner near the clock)? Remember that you can see your computer; if we were
> looking over your shoulder, we could see these things for ourselves - but
> we're not, so you'll have to tell us.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Granpafish" <Granpafish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Ordinal 136 Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic
> >> Link Library Mapi32.dll
> >> http://66.129.43.33/mail_ordinal136.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP - Shell/User

> >> boot. It
> >> should
> >> Carey, thanks. I am not real computer literate and was not able to
> >> even find Eudora on my system. Is there another possibilty I could check
> >> for? Granpa

RC, For some reason my last post post did not return to top. I'm trying
again so that you will see it. Granpa