Bad Dad!

I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to play
Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
encampment.

Today, I was not so lucky.

Today, she found the character menu.

Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....

Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.

Sigh...

RegNitto

RegNitto wrote:
> I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
> help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to
play
> Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
> encampment.
>
> Today, I was not so lucky.
>
> Today, she found the character menu.
>
> Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>

> Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
> armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield,
upgraded
> vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>

> Sigh...
>

> RegNitto

owie :( msg me next time u see me. I dont have ALL that but I have some
stuff to help like a viperskin and a white monarch that u can socket to
make spirit.

Kaytie

"Kaytie" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message

> RegNitto wrote:
>> I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
>> help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to
> play
>> Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
>> encampment.
>>
>> Today, I was not so lucky.
>>
>> Today, she found the character menu.
>>
>> Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>>

>> Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
>> armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield,
> upgraded
>> vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>>

>> Sigh...
>>

>> RegNitto
>
> owie :( msg me next time u see me. I dont have ALL that but I have some
> stuff to help like a viperskin and a white monarch that u can socket to
> make spirit.
>
> Kaytie

I have a 4-socket monarch stashed away (I'm assuming Spirit is 4 sockets).
Someone left it in an AGD game once.
--
Zamboni

"RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
> help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to play
> Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
> encampment.
>
> Today, I was not so lucky.
>
> Today, she found the character menu.
>
> Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>

> Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
> armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
> vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.

Why does a 4 year old know your login?

On 11 Apr 2005 20:23:32 -0700, "RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
>help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to play
>Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
>encampment.
>
>Today, I was not so lucky.
>
>Today, she found the character menu.
>
>Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>
>Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
>armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
>vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>
>Sigh...

OOOOwwwwwccchhHH!!!

Maybe you need to show her how to _exit_ Bnet and start up her _own_
SP char.

-- Roy L

RegNitto wrote:
> I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
> help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to
> play Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere
> near encampment.
>
> Today, I was not so lucky.
>
> Today, she found the character menu.
>
> Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>

> Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
> armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
> vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>

> Sigh...
>

> RegNitto

Bummer.

I think I have a white thresher on a mule - yours if you want it.

Devast8or

I gave up and created a new character in her place:

AlecciasRevenge

I thought it might be a good name...

That would be great! Hopefully I'm not missing too many of the runes
to make Obediance again...

I do not have your email... mine is not a spamtrap... shhhh, I might be
now :)

I'm sure b.net wouldn't mind giving me rights to their servers so I can
back up my online characters... I wouldn't have been upset with the
loss of a SP character, I can just make a new one complete with all her
goodies... but sadly, that's not the case.

wrote:

>I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
>help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to play
>Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
>encampment.
>
>Today, I was not so lucky.
>
>Today, she found the character menu.
>
>Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>

>Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
>armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
>vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>

>Sigh...
>

>RegNitto

I have a spare eth Cryptic Axe, with 5 sockets in it. Pmail me if
you're interested :) You do have my valid email, right? the one above
is a spamtrap.

Cheers

Kai

~misfit~ wrote:
> flame_thrower wrote:
>
>>"RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
>>>help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to
>>>play Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere
>>>near encampment.
>>>
>>>Today, I was not so lucky.
>>>
>>>Today, she found the character menu.
>>>
>>>Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>>>

>>>Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
>>>armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield,
>>>upgraded vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older
>>>sister.
>>>

>>Why does a 4 year old know your login?
>

> Umm, he was playing and left the computer for a while. He was already logged
> in.
> --
> ~misfit~

LOL Even I understood that! ;-)

"sidekick" <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> flame_thrower wrote:
>>
>>>"RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Why does a 4 year old know your login?
>>

>> Umm, he was playing and left the computer for a while. He was already
>> logged
>> in.

Guess I missed that detail.

RegNitto wrote:
> That would be great! Hopefully I'm not missing too many of the runes
> to make Obediance again...

Just checked, I still have it. I also have a number of socketed armors, what
kind of armor and how many sockets are you looking for?

I also have a 4 socket monarch, and I think I have a spare Tals orb as well
if you need it (might have other parts too, not sure).

Devast8or

On 12 Apr 2005 08:18:38 -0700, "RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I do not have your email... mine is not a spamtrap... shhhh, I might be
>now :)
Hey, it just needs some creative searching in your inbox. I was among
those that got emails regarding the barbie project - just like you :)
its kawolle "at" web.de btw.

Cheers Kai

Once upon a time - for example, 11 Apr 2005 20:23:32 -0700 - there was
this guy, or something, called "RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
>armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
>vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.

I'm sorry for you, but it is outweighed by my amusement and my
unshakable belief that you should have a backup folder, preferably
somewhere that a young child can not get to it.

By the way, you should close that stable door before your ... oh. It
already did. Have some hay.

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

yea... LOL

right now I'm reading the newgroups after about a 30 lag... d2 won't
even ping b.net... i'm beginning to hate cable already.

Reg

RegNitto wrote:
> I'm sure b.net wouldn't mind giving me rights to their servers so I
can
> back up my online characters... I wouldn't have been upset with the
> loss of a SP character, I can just make a new one complete with all
her
> goodies... but sadly, that's not the case.

Even more sadly, it wasn't a non-ladder char. Were it, I could have
replaced all the lost goodies.

Mickey

I think I have most of that stuff NL too... obviously not the runes or
the new words... Is Mickey going to come out and play?

How about the little ones?

My new sorcy is lvl9... woot!

Reg

RegNitto wrote:
> I think I have most of that stuff NL too... obviously not the runes
or
> the new words... Is Mickey going to come out and play?
>
> How about the little ones?
>
> My new sorcy is lvl9... woot!

I am awaiting the installation of the wi-fi connection in my hotel.
Once it is in, I will be back with a vengence.

Mickey

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

RegNitto wrote:

> I'm playing along... wife needs my help, so I walk to the bedroom to
> help her out. Unbeknownst to me, my 4 yr old decides she wants to play
> Diablo too. Normally, this creates my character dead somewhere near
> encampment.
>
> Today, I was not so lucky.
>
> Today, she found the character menu.
>
> Today, she deleted my upcoming Sorc....
>
> Guess I'll need to find that 5 socket thresher again. And Duress
> armor... full Tals, 25 maras, eschutas & occy, spirit shield, upgraded
> vipermagi, mosers... oh and all those charms from her older sister.
>
> Sigh...
>
> RegNitto

I feel for you, I really do. But somehow I just can't shake the image of
Nelson pointing and saying 'Ha! Ha!' :)

....I watch way too much television.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Once upon a time - for example, 12 Apr 2005 08:20:14 -0700 - there was
this guy, or something, called "RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>I'm sure b.net wouldn't mind giving me rights to their servers so I can
>back up my online characters... I wouldn't have been upset with the
>loss of a SP character, I can just make a new one complete with all her
>goodies... but sadly, that's not the case.

I never thought about the possibility that Battlenet guys can't be
backed up. That's a very silly feature, or lack thereof. I'm glad I
don't use it.

But I'm impressed your kid managed to delete it, nevertheless.

C&J