Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I c..

Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an
"ISO" file

Thank you
D.

Iso is an image file from an unprotected cd or dvd. You can copy an iso file
to a blank cd or dvd. If there is any copyright protection on a cd or dvd
the read as an iso file will either fail or will be lacking data. Iso files
can also be broken down into component parts with programs like isobuster or
winISO.

Here you go Dorothy http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an "ISO"
> file
>

> Thank you
> D.

CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in case you don't have a CDrom drive)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OVkEd.42503$kq2.7567@twister.nyc.rr.com...

> Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an
> "ISO" file
>

> Thank you
> D.

Thanks But
These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.

D.

David Candy wrote:

> CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
>
> Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in case you don't have a CDrom drive)
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
>
> MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

I had a similar problem.

However, If you install a burner program like Nero or Roxio, they will
automatically detect an ISO file type and burn it to disc that you can then
use in the normal way.

Not probably what you want, but at least you will be able to get at the
programs.

Cheers

> Thanks But
> These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.
>
> D.
>

> David Candy wrote:
>
>> CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
>>
>> Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded
>> images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in
>> case you don't have a CDrom drive)
>>
>> http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
>>
>> MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

You burn it to a CD using one of the many, many programs available, one of
which David has pointed to. An .iso file is an image of a CD. Once burned to
disk, you use the CD as you would any other disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

In article <A9lEd.57426$ld2.19692673@twister.nyc.rr.com>, dpost8
@hotmail.com says...
> Thanks But
> These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.
>
> D.

You can do a couple of things with them. You can use a software burning
program like Nero to put it on a CD or you can use a program like winiso
to open the contents and extract it to your hard drive. Check out the
site below for more info.
http://www.winiso.com/

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

There are at least two other programs that can be used to extract an iso
file. Winrar 3.0 and above will extract iso files. Also isobuster <free>
can also extracted iso files. The extracted files then can be burned in the
normal way.

Good Luck
> Here you go Dorothy http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an "ISO"
>> file
>>

>> Thank you
>> D.

forkart

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005

Try MagicISO, It is good at processing(create, burn) iso image.
http://www.magiciso.com/