Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I c..

Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an
"ISO" file

Thank you
D.
10 answers Last reply
More about direct page explain

    Iso is an image file from an unprotected cd or dvd. You can copy an iso file
    to a blank cd or dvd. If there is any copyright protection on a cd or dvd
    the read as an iso file will either fail or will be lacking data. Iso files
    can also be broken down into component parts with programs like isobuster or
    winISO.

    Here you go Dorothy http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an "ISO"
    > file
    >

    > Thank you
    > D.

    CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in case you don't have a CDrom drive)

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

    MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OVkEd.42503$kq2.7567@twister.nyc.rr.com...

    > Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an
    > "ISO" file
    >

    > Thank you
    > D.

    Thanks But
    These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.

    D.

    David Candy wrote:

    > CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    >
    > Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in case you don't have a CDrom drive)
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    >
    > MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

    I had a similar problem.

    However, If you install a burner program like Nero or Roxio, they will
    automatically detect an ISO file type and burn it to disc that you can then
    use in the normal way.

    Not probably what you want, but at least you will be able to get at the
    programs.

    Cheers

    > Thanks But
    > These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.
    >
    > D.
    >

    > David Candy wrote:
    >
    >> CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded
    >> images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in
    >> case you don't have a CDrom drive)
    >>
    >> http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    >>
    >> MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

    You burn it to a CD using one of the many, many programs available, one of
    which David has pointed to. An .iso file is an image of a CD. Once burned to
    disk, you use the CD as you would any other disk.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks But
    > These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.
    >
    > D.
    >

    > David Candy wrote:
    >
    >> CDBurn (or DVDBurn if it's a DVD image) is available from
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> Microsoft supply these programs so people can make CDs from downloaded
    >> images. To use the iso directly as a CD MS makes VirtualCD available (in
    >> case you don't have a CDrom drive)
    >>
    >> http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
    >>
    >> MS is tending to supply their programs as images.

    An ISO is an exact mirror image of a CD disc.
    It may also include a boot image.

    Daemon Tools can be used to load and test the image.
    It is a a Virtual CDROM.
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?sid=89728b8c0650aa3cf0b1e9f71269d447

    CDRWIN can be used to burn it to a CD Disc.
    Just select tools then select "Record an ISO".

    In article <A9lEd.57426$ld2.19692673@twister.nyc.rr.com>, dpost8
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Thanks But
    > These sites do not tell me what to do with an "ISO" file.
    >
    > D.

    You can do a couple of things with them. You can use a software burning
    program like Nero to put it on a CD or you can use a program like winiso
    to open the contents and extract it to your hard drive. Check out the
    site below for more info.
    http://www.winiso.com/

    There are at least two other programs that can be used to extract an iso
    file. Winrar 3.0 and above will extract iso files. Also isobuster <free>
    can also extracted iso files. The extracted files then can be burned in the
    normal way.

    Good Luck
    > Here you go Dorothy http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Can some one direct me to a page that will explain how I can use an "ISO"
    >> file
    >>

    >> Thank you
    >> D.

    Try MagicISO, It is good at processing(create, burn) iso image.
    http://www.magiciso.com/

ISO Microsoft Windows XP