Desktop icon in Task Bar

G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I
deleted it, thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a
problem cause I can't find a replacement, or at least how to get it back
to the Task Bar. Can anyone please help?
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon task

    Hi H E,

    If you're referring to the Show Desktop icon in the Quick Launch toolbar,
    have a look at this MSKB article, "How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on
    Quick Launch Toolbar":

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "H E" <harold.e@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I
    > deleted it, thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a
    > problem cause I can't find a replacement, or at least how to get it back
    > to the Task Bar. Can anyone please help?

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm
    Restore Missing Show Desktop Icon to Quick Launch

    "H E" <harold.e@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I deleted it,
    > thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a problem cause I can't
    > find a replacement, or at least how to get it back to the Task Bar. Can anyone
    > please help?

    Many thx to you both. Taurarian's solution being the simplest, I used that
    & it worked perfectly. Kind regards, take care! & all the good stuff that
    you both deserve.

    You're welcome :-)

    Regards,

    --

    > Many thx to you both. Taurarian's solution being the simplest, I used
    that
    > & it worked perfectly. Kind regards, take care! & all the good stuff that
    > you both deserve.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP