Desktop icon in Task Bar

January 10, 2005 7:28:25 PM

G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I
deleted it, thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a
problem cause I can't find a replacement, or at least how to get it back
to the Task Bar. Can anyone please help?

More about : desktop icon task bar

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:28:26 PM

Hi H E,

If you're referring to the Show Desktop icon in the Quick Launch toolbar,
have a look at this MSKB article, "How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on
Quick Launch Toolbar":

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"H E" <harold.e@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I
> deleted it, thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a
> problem cause I can't find a replacement, or at least how to get it back
> to the Task Bar. Can anyone please help?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:28:26 PM

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm
Restore Missing Show Desktop Icon to Quick Launch

"H E" <harold.e@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> G'day, am running SP2. Somehow the desktop icon became corrupted & I deleted it,
> thinking it would not be a problem to replace it. It is a problem cause I can't
> find a replacement, or at least how to get it back to the Task Bar. Can anyone
> please help?
January 12, 2005 1:03:14 PM

Many thx to you both. Taurarian's solution being the simplest, I used that
& it worked perfectly. Kind regards, take care! & all the good stuff that
you both deserve.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:03:15 PM

You're welcome :-)