Deskjet 3420

HP deskjet 3420

1- Setup/FastDraft uses excess ink. The copies are sloppy wet. How can I
setup the printer to to print using less ink?

2- I see no options for black only printing.

Please help. Thanks. Alan
3 answers Last reply
More about deskjet 3420

    If the DJ 3420 properties do not offer a choice for black-only printing, install
    the driver for one of the black-only DeskJets. As I recall, I installed the
    DeskJet 600 driver for one of my clients, assigned it to the same port as her
    color DeskJet, and she was able to print B&W only just fine... Ben Myers

    > If the DJ 3420 properties do not offer a choice for black-only printing,
    install
    > the driver for one of the black-only DeskJets. As I recall, I installed the
    > DeskJet 600 driver for one of my clients, assigned it to the same port as her
    > color DeskJet, and she was able to print B&W only just fine... Ben Myers

    Unlike most of the other DeskJet's the DJ 3420 is a Windows-only device and
    does not support the PCL print language supported by most other DeskJet's. The
    DeskJet 600 series drivers will not work with the 3420.

    As for the original poster's issue, it is possible to print with the black
    cartridge only by removing the color cartridge from the printer.

    Regards,
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

    Thank you. That's useful, if somewhat unfortunate, information to know... Ben

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:56:53 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote:

    >> If the DJ 3420 properties do not offer a choice for black-only printing,
    >install
    >> the driver for one of the black-only DeskJets. As I recall, I installed the
    >> DeskJet 600 driver for one of my clients, assigned it to the same port as her
    >> color DeskJet, and she was able to print B&W only just fine... Ben Myers
    >
    >Unlike most of the other DeskJet's the DJ 3420 is a Windows-only device and
    >does not support the PCL print language supported by most other DeskJet's. The
    >DeskJet 600 series drivers will not work with the 3420.
    >
    >As for the original poster's issue, it is possible to print with the black
    >cartridge only by removing the color cartridge from the printer.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
    >MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Hewlett Packard Hardware Deskjet Computers