zap intruders

Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
network, so that I may fry their machines?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:23:19 -0600, Pauline Parrot spoketh

>Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
>network, so that I may fry their machines?

haha. good one. That is a joke, right?

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

<PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote:

>Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
>network, so that I may fry their machines?

Fry as in cooked or incinerated? Well, that's kinda difficult to do
in software. I suggest more conventional technology instead. The US
Navy has AGM-88 HARM (High Speed Anti-Radiation Missile) rockets that
will home on any source of RF. Once you determine the general
direction of the wireless intruder, the AGM-88 missile can be launched
and will properly fry the machine and its owner. The government cost
is currently $284,000 each, so I would use this method of interference
and hacker reduction sparingly. However, a suitable demonstration of
frying one or two perpetrators should be sufficient to discourage
others from joining your network.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/missiles/wep-harm.html

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

"Pauline Parrot" <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote in message
> Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
> network, so that I may fry their machines?

Nothing like that exists. It's impossible to even make a script that runs on
a computer hooked up to your network: I've been wardriving for years, and at
this very m

--
William Warren
(Filter noise from my address for direct replies.)

JM

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:23:19 -0600, "Pauline Parrot"
> <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
>>network, so that I may fry their machines?
>
> Fry as in cooked or incinerated? Well, that's kinda difficult to do
> in software. I suggest more conventional technology instead. The US
> Navy has AGM-88 HARM (High Speed Anti-Radiation Missile) rockets that
> will home on any source of RF. Once you determine the general
> direction of the wireless intruder, the AGM-88 missile can be launched
> and will properly fry the machine and its owner. The government cost
> is currently $284,000 each, so I would use this method of interference
> and hacker reduction sparingly. However, a suitable demonstration of
> frying one or two perpetrators should be sufficient to discourage
> others from joining your network.
>
> http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/missiles/wep-harm.html

A focused EMP would be more cost effective, until the colaterals billed you
for their fried equipment.
--
NEMO SALTAT SOBRIUS NISI FORTE INSANIT.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:33:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann spoketh

>Fry as in cooked or incinerated? Well, that's kinda difficult to do
>in software. I suggest more conventional technology instead. The US
>Navy has AGM-88 HARM (High Speed Anti-Radiation Missile) rockets that
>will home on any source of RF.

First off, the HARM is a missile, not a rocket. And it seeks in on
active radar transmitters.

And, IIRC, the Chernobyl virus (aka Cih) would zap your CMOS rendering
your computer useless...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:00:27 -0600, "Pauline Parrot"
<PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote:

>i said fry their machine, not flying machine, you twack.

I usually fix machines, not break them. There are many ways of
trashing a machine over a LAN connection. However, this is a family
newsgroup and posting such things are generally unacceptable.

>Who are you- Rosanna-danna?

I am the hacker. I break all the rules.
I'll tear up your system. I have all the tools.
No system is safe, when I'm on the phone.
I do it for pleasure, and all on my own.
I've been in your files, and made the grand tour.
I've stolen your secrets, of this I am sure,
and when I'm discovered, they all act like fools.
for I am the hacker. I now make the rules.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

but if we all zapped intruders, the intruders might think twice about
connecting to a firendly neighborhood open wireless router.
zap! zap zap!

"Dave VanHorn" <dvanhorn@cedar.net> wrote in message

>> http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/missiles/wep-harm.html
>
> You will of course need the launcher and support equipment as well...
> :)

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

> i said fry their machine, not flying machine, you twack.
> Who are you- Rosanna-danna?

It might be more fruitful not to run an open network. Lock stuff down and
close the holes.

> but if we all zapped intruders, the intruders might think twice about
> connecting to a firendly neighborhood open wireless router.
> zap! zap zap!

Well, I'd class that as an Unfriendly neighborhood router. :)

--
KC6ETE Dave's Engineering Page, www.dvanhorn.org
Microcontroller Consultant, specializing in Atmel AVR

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:22:48 -0500, "Dave VanHorn"
<dvanhorn@cedar.net> wrote:

>"Pauline Parrot" <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote in message
>> but if we all zapped intruders, the intruders might think twice about
>> connecting to a firendly neighborhood open wireless router.
>> zap! zap zap!

>Well, I'd class that as an Unfriendly neighborhood router. :)

Well, such things are out there. One of my customers came back from a
business trip with a laptop full of viruses and worms. It took a
while to figure out what happened. He decided to try connecting to
the other access points showing up on his list of available LAN's.
One of them was setup to run vulnerability scripts and deliver the
corresponding virus or worm. Kinda puts the damper on "open" access
points.

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us

"Pauline Parrot" <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote in message
> Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
> network, so that I may fry their machines?

Why would anyone be joining your network? Set up some security measures and
you'll have no problem. Opening up your network to anyone who wants to join
is dangerous. You should get your machine fried for doing such a thing.

Alanb

Oh great. They can fry my machine, but I can't fry theirs.

"Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message

> "Pauline Parrot" <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote in message
>> Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join my
>> network, so that I may fry their machines?
>>

> Why would anyone be joining your network? Set up some security measures
> and you'll have no problem. Opening up your network to anyone who wants
> to join is dangerous. You should get your machine fried for doing such a
> thing.
>

> Alanb

Pauline, why are you so anxious to destroy the machines of users who
might access your open network? You have been advised to secure your
network, but it appears that securing your network is not what you want.
Keep in mind that everyone who might access your open network might not
be a deliberate stranger. If you've been reading from this newsgroup for
any period of time, you will notice that a lot of people's wireless
card's are picking up the signal(s) of their neighbors. Is it their fault
that their card's are intercepting the strong signals? Having said that,
it is my recommendation, along with others, that you secure your network
as you would your home. If you need assistance is doing so, many of us
who frequent this newsgroup will be glad to assist you.

> Hi is there any way to run a script on the computer of those who join
my
>>> network, so that I may fry their machines?

I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar Who is in my Home?"

You are saying , "Lock your doors" and, "Not all intruders are burglars."

I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar who is in my Home?"

What part of wcidwabwimh don't you understand?

David

On 2004-08-31 16:26:30 -0400, "Pauline Parrot"
<PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> said:

> I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar Who is in my Home?"
>
> You are saying , "Lock your doors" and, "Not all intruders are burglars."
>
> I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar who is in my Home?"

Big difference here.

If you have wireless signal that is open, and is broadcasting into
someone else's home, it's is not that person's fault if his/her
computer accidently connects to an open network.

Maturity should be a prerequisite of computer ownership.

David

On 2004-08-31 16:26:30 -0400, "Pauline Parrot"
<PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> said:

> I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar Who is in my Home?"
>
> You are saying , "Lock your doors" and, "Not all intruders are burglars."
>
> I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar who is in my Home?"

Hmm, if you put it that way...

If you put your "home" in my home, then I have the right to do what I
want with it. :-/

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:26:30 -0600, in alt.internet.wireless , "Pauline
Parrot" <PaulineParrot@PaulineParrot.com> wrote:

>I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar Who is in my Home?"

Actually, you're not.. You're asking "what can I do about all the people in
my house? By the way I insist on leaving all my doors open, and a sign
outside saying 'free candy, come on in' and for good measure leave all my
jewelry on the dresser and silverware on the table"

Ask yourself, if you were burgled under these conditions, would the
insurance company pay out?

So... You have an unlocked network with a publically visible ID, in a
networking environment where any client will generally try to connect
automatically to the strongest signal. If you don't want some of these
clients to attach, then put in place some security to stop them, such as
SSID hiding, MAC address validation, IP locking, WEP, WPA etc.

>I am asking - "What can I do with a burglar who is in my Home?"

Power down all your networking kit, that'll get rid of him. But the point
is, getting rid of him isn't your real problem, is it? Your real problem is
that you have no security.

>What part of wcidwabwimh don't you understand?

The part where you ask what to do about the fish in your shoes, or some
other question unrelated to your actual problem.

--
Mark McIntyre

How do I keep morons out of my thread?
What part of "I DID LOCK THE DOORS" don't you understand
I did set encryption, WEP key TIK all that. I change the key all the time.
I do take all the precautions.

If that were enough, why would they keep improving encryption?