Disk Cleanup won't start.....

When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
nothing. I don't understand??????
3 answers Last reply
More about disk cleanup start

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    "Why does Disk Cleanup freeze?"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Skinnymini" <Skinnymini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
    > nothing. I don't understand??????

    Hi there,

    Try initiating disk cleanup by following the below step:

    1. Click Start, run, type "cleanmgr" (with out quotation marks) and click
    OK.

    In case disk cleanup freezes, apply this patch:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg

    Usage: Double-click the file and answer and YES when prompted.

    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "Skinnymini" <Skinnymini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
    > nothing. I don't understand??????
  3. DiskCleanup just disappears and never works. Frustrating, but not a big deal, so over the last few years I occassionally looked at a fix....none worked. but this one did. Thankyou for taking the time to post it. It worked.

    In case disk cleanup freezes, apply this patch:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg

Microsoft Disk Cleanup Windows XP