Disk Cleanup won't start.....

January 10, 2005 1:55:01 AM

When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
nothing. I don't understand??????

More about : disk cleanup start

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:09:06 AM

Hi

Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

"Why does Disk Cleanup freeze?"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Skinnymini" <Skinnymini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
> nothing. I don't understand??????
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 10:46:58 PM

Hi there,

Try initiating disk cleanup by following the below step:

1. Click Start, run, type "cleanmgr" (with out quotation marks) and click
OK.

In case disk cleanup freezes, apply this patch:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompre...

Usage: Double-click the file and answer and YES when prompted.

HTH
Venkatesh

"Skinnymini" <Skinnymini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to run my disk cleanup nothing happened. No error messages,
> nothing. I don't understand??????
July 9, 2012 7:15:16 PM

DiskCleanup just disappears and never works. Frustrating, but not a big deal, so over the last few years I occassionally looked at a fix....none worked. but this one did. Thankyou for taking the time to post it. It worked.

!