Can't get file sharing in my network

I am able to share an internet connection between two laptops and a desktop
computer. The desktop and one laptop are connected wirelessly. The other
laptop is connected to a router. Each computer only sees itself in the
network listing. I have enabled certain files to be shared in the network,
but they only appear as being on that computer, not any of the others. Any
suggestions? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about file sharing network

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:21:08 -0800, s.cott51 wrote:

    > I am able to share an internet connection between two laptops and a desktop
    > computer. The desktop and one laptop are connected wirelessly. The other
    > laptop is connected to a router. Each computer only sees itself in the
    > network listing. I have enabled certain files to be shared in the network,
    > but they only appear as being on that computer, not any of the others. Any
    > suggestions? Thanks.

    A good article for getting this setup can be found here:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/whole.htm

    NOTE: In the first paragraphs (about 3 down), there is a link to a similar
    article that covers "simple file sharing" if you use this. XP Home uses
    simple file sharing only. It can be turned on/off in XP Pro.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Laptops File Sharing Computers Desktops Windows XP