Can't get file sharing in my network

a b D Laptop
January 10, 2005 10:21:08 AM

I am able to share an internet connection between two laptops and a desktop
computer. The desktop and one laptop are connected wirelessly. The other
laptop is connected to a router. Each computer only sees itself in the
network listing. I have enabled certain files to be shared in the network,
but they only appear as being on that computer, not any of the others. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

More about : file sharing network

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 10, 2005 1:14:27 PM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:21:08 -0800, s.cott51 wrote:

> I am able to share an internet connection between two laptops and a desktop
> computer. The desktop and one laptop are connected wirelessly. The other
> laptop is connected to a router. Each computer only sees itself in the
> network listing. I have enabled certain files to be shared in the network,
> but they only appear as being on that computer, not any of the others. Any
> suggestions? Thanks.

A good article for getting this setup can be found here:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_fileshar...

NOTE: In the first paragraphs (about 3 down), there is a link to a similar
article that covers "simple file sharing" if you use this. XP Home uses
simple file sharing only. It can be turned on/off in XP Pro.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User