Alpha key issues?

OK, so I am having this odd issue with win8RTM, and I am hoping that someone can help me a bit.

On the Start Screen, Charms menu, PC Settings menu, and select MS created metro UI programs (Such as the weather app) I am getting odd black boxes around text and in menus. It looks as if win8 has forgotten what color it was using to alpha out to allow for all of the neat little transitions and effects that it has. Also, all of the programs listed on the start screen are showing up a little blurry, until I roll over them with the mouse and then they seem to display in full resolution. Text in metro also seems blurred, or like the edges of letters are not well defined, but this is likely more to do with the alpha blending as only text with the wrong background color is having this issue.

Everything in the desktop interface is fine. The lock screen and log-on screen are both fine (have not tried another user yet as mine is the only user on the system at the moment). It is only after I log in that the issue appears. I think that the issue first started when they pushed the big set of updates ~1 week ago, but as I nearly never see the start screen, it hasn't exactly been a big issue.

Anywho here are the important specs:
Win8RTM
GTX570, updated driver yesterday to see if that would fix it, so I am on the current driver
16GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
i7 2600 at 4.2GHz
ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 mobo
RAID0 2x 240GB Agility 3

All software seems to run fine, the issue seems to be just in Metro.

TRENDING THREADS