Gta iv pc problem

rapigan

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008
I just got gta iv for pc on steam and it always pans down no matter what. For example ill just hold my mouse still and the camera will go down to nikko's shoes. Also, the buttons show the xbox controls and not the pc ones and it crashes about every 10 minuets. any help?

daonest

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
It is the controller problem, they made a fix to the directcontroller. Before playing the game I have to do this process everytime.

1. Go to control panel > System> Device Manager
2. Disable your controller
3. Start up GTA once its loaded You can alt tab then enable the game controller.

By the way im using Joy2Key the keyboard emulator so I can use my controller.

rapigan

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008
I got rid of the gamepad and it worked, but now about ten minuets into gameplay every time it crashes and says "GTA IV FATAL ERROR RESC10, out of video memory". i have a gtx 280 and 8 gigs of ram so the game blows by like a breeze, how am i out of video memory?

daonest

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah ive got that problem before too and after I checked and barely any ram was being used must be some kind of error, Try rebooting and running again. Were you playing multiplayer or SP?

daonest

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
well its no doubt GTA has its problems right now you can see that by all the posts on various sites about people complaining with all the bugs, ive been lucky to only crash out once in the last week. There is a memory leak and hopefully they will start getting some more patches out.