Remove local area connection icon from start menu taskbar

robroy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2005

I've just set up XP on a new PC and somehow have a local network icon on the
taskbar showing a loose natwork cable error message. I've not set up a local
network. How do I remove the icon?
--
Robroy

On 10/01/2005 Robroy wrote:

> I've just set up XP on a new PC and somehow have a local network icon
> on the taskbar showing a loose natwork cable error message. I've not
> set up a local network. How do I remove the icon?

Have a look at Control Panel | Network connections. If you have
Firewire on your PC it will probably be that.

If you right click and select 'Properties' you have an option whether
or not to show the icon on the Taskbar.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

robroy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2005

Don't have firewire. I've tried disabling icon thro control panel/network
connections but I get a message saying its using protocols which do not
support plug & play or it has been initiated by the system account. Anybody
got ideas?

"Jeff Gaines" wrote:

> On 10/01/2005 Robroy wrote:
>
> > I've just set up XP on a new PC and somehow have a local network icon
> > on the taskbar showing a loose natwork cable error message. I've not
> > set up a local network. How do I remove the icon?
>
> Have a look at Control Panel | Network connections. If you have
> Firewire on your PC it will probably be that.
>
> If you right click and select 'Properties' you have an option whether
> or not to show the icon on the Taskbar.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines
> Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

Jeff,
Did you also uncheck the box, "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity"?

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>