Need Gaming Recommendations...

DaGrinder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Hi all! I'm a gaming noob.

The only games I've enjoyed and played in the past with some regular frequency are:

The Sims (original)

AOE3 + expansions,

and

Witcher: Enhanced Edition (uncensored) ....Loved the adult themes and foul language here.

Unfortunately, FPS makes me nauseous. I just can't play them sadly. :(

Next up, I'm gonna try out GTAIV. I don't want to play Sims 2 since it just seems like a giant waste of time and never ends.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Cant play fps?! Crazy.
Try:
Fallout 3 (3rd person mode ofc)
Assasins Creed
Red Alert 3

If you want timesinks try WoW or Warhammer.

Those were some of the best non fps games of the past year or so.
Be warned you need a supercomputer to run GTA IV >.<

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Good suggestions with a wide range of genres, pr2thej. Although for me I'd go with the new PoP over Assassin's Creed. If you like adult language, lol...Fallout 3 may be just the thing for you.

Titan Quest was a good single-player timesink, and the Gold version of it with the expansion pack is only $20 - heck of a good value. Hellgate: London is decent, too, considering you can pick up a used copy from Amazon for like $3 + $4 for shipping.

Mass Effect may also go in that list of my favorite games of all time...it has shooting elements like Fallout 3, but really can't be classified as a "shooter," so it shouldn't make you nauseous.

Good luck!

mondegreen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I'll second Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Fallout 3 is (imho) the better of those two games. Be careful with GTA IV... make sure your PC is up to spec (before you buy it) if you're going to try to run it!