uninstall program

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete the
files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you to buy
the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted program
if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be grateful.
not to complicated please

CrystalBall© sez:

Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

john wrote:
> as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
> software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
> can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
> started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
> software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete
> the files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you
> buy the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted
> program if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be
> grateful. not to complicated please

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> CrystalBall© sez:
>
> Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>
> john wrote:
> > as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
> > software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
> > can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
> > started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
> > software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete
> > the files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you
> > buy the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted
> > program if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be
> > grateful. not to complicated please

Specify the actual problem. We are not here to discusss generalities.

http://www.uscricket.com
"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BA36EEF-D468-4345-B4CC-3BA075612973@microsoft.com...
> as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
> software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
> can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
> started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
> software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete the
> files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you to buy
> the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted program
> if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be grateful.
> not to complicated please

As others have stated, we can't help you very much if you don't state the
name of the application.

john wrote:
> thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > CrystalBall© sez:
> >
> > Help with Hijackware
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> > http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
> > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
> >
> > john wrote:
> > > as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding
> > > removing software other than with control panel/add and remove
> > > programs i know this can be done with DOS but i have no idea how
> > > thiis is done. the problen started when i downloaded a trial version
> > > of software by a well known software manufacturer and i can not
> > > delete the program and can not delete the files belonging to it, it
> > > appears it was a marketing ploy to get you to
> > > buy the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this
> > > unwanted program if thats the only way but if someone has another
> > > idea i would be grateful. not to complicated please

Yeah, read my post and act on it.

http://www.uscricket.com
"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B54A98-5283-422F-B37D-C40F60B94258@microsoft.com...
> thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> CrystalBall© sez:
>>
>> Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>>
>> john wrote:
>> > as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
>> > software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
>> > can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
>> > started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
>> > software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete
>> > the files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you
>> > buy the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted
>> > program if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be
>> > grateful. not to complicated please

You don't go to a doctor and only say "it hurts" and expect any sensible advice back.

http://www.uscricket.com
"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B54A98-5283-422F-B37D-C40F60B94258@microsoft.com...
> thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> CrystalBall© sez:
>>
>> Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>>
>> john wrote:
>> > as somewhat limited knowedge of computers i need advise regarding removing
>> > software other than with control panel/add and remove programs i know this
>> > can be done with DOS but i have no idea how thiis is done. the problen
>> > started when i downloaded a trial version of software by a well known
>> > software manufacturer and i can not delete the program and can not delete
>> > the files belonging to it, it appears it was a marketing ploy to get you
>> > buy the software which i will clean my hard drive to rid this unwanted
>> > program if thats the only way but if someone has another idea i would be
>> > grateful. not to complicated please

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

i am sorry i just found out how to reply.the question is, i have a program
installed on myPC that will not let me uninstall it also it will not allow me
to delete all the files for that program any idea on how i can uninstall it
other than with control panel add and remove programs i thought my original
question was clear on this

"David Candy" wrote:

> You don't go to a doctor and only say "it hurts" and expect any sensible advice back.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B54A98-5283-422F-B37D-C40F60B94258@microsoft.com...
> > thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> CrystalBall© sez:
> >>
> >> Help with Hijackware
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

Well a very good start would be the name of the program. The history of the problem would be good too. What have you tried would be useful. The exact text of any messages you received is considered essential by many. If you are unsure the procedure you followed was dome correctly the exact steps are good.

And for my curiosity, why didn't you include the above to begin with? What sort of answer/process were you expecting here? I'm just trying to understand why people post like you do.

This is what I expect to happen.

You post full details of the problem in a concise a way as possible. Think of a doctor diagnosing a patient, by telephone, when they don't speak the same language. Some or many look at it and either tell you the answer and the conversation is over or tell you how to troubleshoot further.

You already have recieved one suggestion which is based on someone guessing at what your problem is. His guess is wrong is well known software company means what I think it means. On the other hand it may be right if you think spywear and viruses are by well known software companies.

You earned my sarcasm by being so detailed yet saying absolutely nothing relevent. And it looked somewhat delibrate. Surely Microsoft Word or Lotus 123 is easier to say than well known software company.

http://www.uscricket.com
"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B75CD30-BBEB-44D2-A8C2-0FF89B6D00C2@microsoft.com...
>i am sorry i just found out how to reply.the question is, i have a program
> installed on myPC that will not let me uninstall it also it will not allow me
> to delete all the files for that program any idea on how i can uninstall it
> other than with control panel add and remove programs i thought my original
> question was clear on this
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> You don't go to a doctor and only say "it hurts" and expect any sensible advice back.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.uscricket.com
>> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B54A98-5283-422F-B37D-C40F60B94258@microsoft.com...
>> > thanks for the links i have tried them but nothing found any other ideas?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

i do not think the name ot the program is relavent and do not want to give
the name in witing. and for your information i thought it was clear as stated
in the first message i am not that computer literate and do not like the tone
of your replies if you can not understand plain english thats your problem do
not reply any more

"David Candy" wrote:

> Well a very good start would be the name of the program. The history of the problem would be good too. What have you tried would be useful. The exact text of any messages you received is considered essential by many. If you are unsure the procedure you followed was dome correctly the exact steps are good.
>
> And for my curiosity, why didn't you include the above to begin with? What sort of answer/process were you expecting here? I'm just trying to understand why people post like you do.
>
> This is what I expect to happen.
>
> You post full details of the problem in a concise a way as possible. Think of a doctor diagnosing a patient, by telephone, when they don't speak the same language. Some or many look at it and either tell you the answer and the conversation is over or tell you how to troubleshoot further.
>
> You already have recieved one suggestion which is based on someone guessing at what your problem is. His guess is wrong is well known software company means what I think it means. On the other hand it may be right if you think spywear and viruses are by well known software companies.
>
> You earned my sarcasm by being so detailed yet saying absolutely nothing relevent. And it looked somewhat delibrate. Surely Microsoft Word or Lotus 123 is easier to say than well known software company.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B75CD30-BBEB-44D2-A8C2-0FF89B6D00C2@microsoft.com...
> >i am sorry i just found out how to reply.the question is, i have a program
> > installed on myPC that will not let me uninstall it also it will not allow me
> > to delete all the files for that program any idea on how i can uninstall it
> > other than with control panel add and remove programs i thought my original
> > question was clear on this
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> You don't go to a doctor and only say "it hurts" and expect any sensible advice back.
> >>
> >> --
> >> http://www.uscricket.com

The name of the program *is* important, but if you're into porn I can see
why you would be reluctant to discuss it.
--
Ted Zieglar

> i do not think the name ot the program is relavent and do not want to give
> the name in witing. and for your information i thought it was clear as
stated
> in the first message i am not that computer literate and do not like the
tone
> of your replies if you can not understand plain english thats your problem
do
> not reply any more
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
> > Well a very good start would be the name of the program. The history of
the problem would be good too. What have you tried would be useful. The
exact text of any messages you received is considered essential by many. If
you are unsure the procedure you followed was dome correctly the exact steps
are good.

> > And for my curiosity, why didn't you include the above to begin with?
What sort of answer/process were you expecting here? I'm just trying to
understand why people post like you do.

> > This is what I expect to happen.
> >
> > You post full details of the problem in a concise a way as possible.
Think of a doctor diagnosing a patient, by telephone, when they don't speak
the same language. Some or many look at it and either tell you the answer
and the conversation is over or tell you how to troubleshoot further.

> > You already have recieved one suggestion which is based on someone
guessing at what your problem is. His guess is wrong is well known software
company means what I think it means. On the other hand it may be right if
you think spywear and viruses are by well known software companies.

> > You earned my sarcasm by being so detailed yet saying absolutely nothing
relevent. And it looked somewhat delibrate. Surely Microsoft Word or Lotus
123 is easier to say than well known software company.

> > --
> > http://www.uscricket.com
> > "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >i am sorry i just found out how to reply.the question is, i have a
program
> > > installed on myPC that will not let me uninstall it also it will not
allow me
> > > to delete all the files for that program any idea on how i can
uninstall it
> > > other than with control panel add and remove programs i thought my
original
> > > question was clear on this

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

no its notporn, and i will not give the name out because the software
manufacturer will claim they have no knowledge ot this practice, so any
mention of the name might be libelous. i know i need tthe file name and have
wrote to the company as yet they have not replied nor do i think they will

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> The name of the program *is* important, but if you're into porn I can see
> why you would be reluctant to discuss it.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i do not think the name ot the program is relavent and do not want to give
> > the name in witing. and for your information i thought it was clear as
> stated
> > in the first message i am not that computer literate and do not like the
> tone
> > of your replies if you can not understand plain english thats your problem
> do
> > not reply any more
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> > > Well a very good start would be the name of the program. The history of
> the problem would be good too. What have you tried would be useful. The
> exact text of any messages you received is considered essential by many. If
> you are unsure the procedure you followed was dome correctly the exact steps
> are good.
> > >
> > > And for my curiosity, why didn't you include the above to begin with?
> What sort of answer/process were you expecting here? I'm just trying to
> understand why people post like you do.
> > >
> > > This is what I expect to happen.
> > >
> > > You post full details of the problem in a concise a way as possible.
> Think of a doctor diagnosing a patient, by telephone, when they don't speak
> the same language. Some or many look at it and either tell you the answer
> and the conversation is over or tell you how to troubleshoot further.
> > >
> > > You already have recieved one suggestion which is based on someone
> guessing at what your problem is. His guess is wrong is well known software
> company means what I think it means. On the other hand it may be right if
> you think spywear and viruses are by well known software companies.
> > >
> > > You earned my sarcasm by being so detailed yet saying absolutely nothing
> relevent. And it looked somewhat delibrate. Surely Microsoft Word or Lotus
> 123 is easier to say than well known software company.
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.uscricket.com
> > > "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> program
> allow me
> uninstall it
> original

> sensible advice back.

> ideas?

> regarding removing
> know this
> problen
> known
> not delete
> get you
> unwanted
> would be

martin

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> The name of the program *is* important, but if you're into porn I can see
> why you would be reluctant to discuss it.

I'll open a book and start the ball rolling

5:1 100 quatloos Evidence Eliminator

quatloos?
--
Ted Zieglar

"Martin" <martin_nospam@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Ted Zieglar wrote:
> > The name of the program *is* important, but if you're into porn I can
see
> > why you would be reluctant to discuss it.
>
> I'll open a book and start the ball rolling
>
> 5:1 100 quatloos Evidence Eliminator

Without the name, we can do nothing for you.. you will just have to wait for
the company to get back to you..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

> [...]
>> program
>> allow me
>> uninstall it
>> original

>> sensible advice back.

>> ideas?

>> regarding removing
>> know this
>> problen
>> known
>> not delete
>> get you
>> unwanted
>> would be

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> no its notporn, and i will not give the name out because the software
> manufacturer will claim they have no knowledge ot this practice, so
> any mention of the name might be libelous. i know i need tthe file
> name and have wrote to the company as yet they have not replied nor

You're posting anonymously so they can't tract back to you and sue you.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com