THG or Anandtech????

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
After reading Toms review on the sis655 motherboards, I was just laughing because most of the stuff that the reviewers found was totally Opposite of what anantech stated....memory timings not stable at cas2 latencies and unable to run ddr333, what the hell is that all about????.....I mean come on anandtech was able to run almost all three of the mobos at ddr400!!!! at cas2....so who is right, and who wrong....obviously THG always gets the Lemons because they are always spouting out negative reviews on the sis mobos....
who out there has one of these mobos?....are you able to run ddr400 at low cas latencies?....lets get it straight :smile:

-Civ

<A HREF="http://dnadesignz.kicks-ass.net" target="_new"><b><font color=green>MY SYSTEM</b></font color=green></A>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Actually, THG isn't the only one across the web that thinks the SiS655 is unstable.

Quote from Extreme Tech:
Presently, SIS offers the 655 chipset for the P4, which supports dual-channel DDR333 memory. Motherboards have begun arriving in the sales channel with the 655 chipset. We've been playing with an Asus engineering sample here at ExtremeTech, but the board is highly unstable. We've received a BIOS update from Asus, and we'll give it a whirl again soon.
<-----Insert witty sig line here.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/12/03 03:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
I have only read the two reviews....maybe I should check out some more....but anandtech usually goes through their reviews much more thourough than THG....I usually trust their word....weird they had such a good experience and THG didnt and maybe others

<A HREF="http://dnadesignz.kicks-ass.net" target="_new"><b><font color=green>MY SYSTEM</b></font color=green></A>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, I usually hold Anand in high regard, but he is doing a lot of things at once. Nobody can be an expert at everything.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

Mac88

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003
Sorry guys - I just posted my own appreciation of the 655... as I disagree on the severity of THG .. go up in the Mobo&Chipset ;)

<i><b><font color=green>When I think to know a lot of things, I begin to understand that I still have even more to learn...</font color=green></b></i> :wink: