Using Logitech Marble Mouse With Windows XP

I used my mouse with Windows 2000 until my OPERATING SYSTEM acquired problems
and crashed last week. My technician installed WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.
Now, no matter what setings I try, the mouse absolutely goes crazy.
When I highlight text to COPY and then go to a different destination to
paste, the mouse/cursor will NOT drop the text. It won't let go. Drags the
text all over the screen UNTIL I press the LEFT BUTTON again. This is so
annoying!!!!!

Plus, I can put the CURSOR on the Scroll Bar and once I click it.... goes
crazy here. It just zooms down the scroll bar to end of the page.

This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions. I clean the mouse/ball, etc.
That didn't help.

Please email me at: doncodar@aol.com
I have a hard time navigating around in forums.

I've had this problem before also with my Logitech marble mouse.
It seems to be a problem with Logitechs driver not working with XP very well.

What I did was un-install the logitech driver from the device manager and
re-boot.
Windows will install it's default mouse driver and it will work as normal.

Hope this helps
Tom

"SIMDARHAN" wrote:

> I used my mouse with Windows 2000 until my OPERATING SYSTEM acquired problems
> and crashed last week. My technician installed WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.
> Now, no matter what setings I try, the mouse absolutely goes crazy.
> When I highlight text to COPY and then go to a different destination to
> paste, the mouse/cursor will NOT drop the text. It won't let go. Drags the
> text all over the screen UNTIL I press the LEFT BUTTON again. This is so
> annoying!!!!!
>
> Plus, I can put the CURSOR on the Scroll Bar and once I click it.... goes
> crazy here. It just zooms down the scroll bar to end of the page.
>
> This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions. I clean the mouse/ball, etc.
> That didn't help.
>
> Please email me at: doncodar@aol.com
> I have a hard time navigating around in forums.

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"SIMDARHAN" <SIMDARHAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used my mouse with Windows 2000 until my OPERATING SYSTEM acquired
>problems
> and crashed last week. My technician installed WINDOWS XP
> PROFESSIONAL.
> Now, no matter what setings I try, the mouse absolutely goes crazy.
> When I highlight text to COPY and then go to a different destination
> paste, the mouse/cursor will NOT drop the text. It won't let go.
> Drags the
> text all over the screen UNTIL I press the LEFT BUTTON again. This is
> so
> annoying!!!!!
>
> Plus, I can put the CURSOR on the Scroll Bar and once I click it....
> goes
> crazy here. It just zooms down the scroll bar to end of the page.
>
> This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions. I clean the mouse/ball,
> etc.
> That didn't help.
>
> Please email me at: doncodar@aol.com
> I have a hard time navigating around in forums.

First, make sure the sticky feature is not enabled. This lets you do a
long-click which then grabs the window so let you drag it around without
having to continuously hold down the button.

If that did not help, make sure you only have one mouse device listed in
Device Manager. Delete the non-Logitech one and reboot.

If the other mouse device shows up on a reboot or using just the
Logitech alone still doesn't get it working, I've found that installing
the Logitech driver atop the standard PS/2 driver when it isn't set to
the default values can result in an overlap of those settings leaking
upward into the Logitech driver. For example, you might have the
snap-to-default option set in the PS/2 driver, install the Logitech
driver, *not* have the snap-to-default enabled in the Logitech setup
applet, but you still find you're stuck with the snap-to-default
configuration. Uninstall the Logitech software, reboot, let the system
discover the PS/2 mouse and install the default driver. Then go to the
mouse applet and set everything to its defaults: speed slider to
midpoint, snap-to-default is turned off, acceleration is disabled, etc.
Now install the Logitech driver and reboot.

E-mail: vanguard_help AT yahoo.com (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)

You might have the "Sticky Button" feature on - it is in the Accessibily options
under the Mouse in Control Panel - if you press the mouse button down and let go,
it stays in its "down" state, so people who don't or can't hold down the mouse to
drag a file can take their finger of the button, drag the file and then press the
button again to drop the file in wherever they want.