Screenshots of Duke Nukem Forever Leak Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfileme

Splendid
I betting anything that Take Two hired on another team to finish the game, and this is a way of saying it's still in production despite 3DRealms closing its doors.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
So tired of hearing about Duke Nukem Forever.

I feel like the day has come where we should all stop dreaming of becoming astronauts and resign ourselves to the fact that it'll never happen.

AMW1011

Distinguished
From the video it doesn't seem to good.

Weren't the delays supposed to be caused by the developers insistence to keep adding things into the game and trying to stay on the bleeding edge?

Well from what I saw it is shaping up to be a very generic FPS.

Oh well...

pcxt21

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
Looks awesome, nice break form CoD style FPS of late. you young people may not remember but back in the day FPS had a sense of humor.
TLDR: Looks funny and entertaining, i would buy it.

hitraj 47

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
It looks like a generic FPS, but I will reserve judgment until it comes out. Don't get me wrong, I love old school FPS games but this just seems "meh", especially after how long it's been in development.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Probably except they should have showed us this on April 1st lol

4745454b

Titan
From all the screen shots, leaked demos, etc, was this thing ever close to being released? I'm going to be pissed if this could have been shipped some time ago, but they kept stopping to tweak it here or there.

hitraj 47

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]From all the screen shots, leaked demos, etc, was this thing ever close to being released? I'm going to be pissed if this could have been shipped some time ago, but they kept stopping to tweak it here or there.[/citation]

Stopping to tweak it?! Dude, they remade the whole thing from scratch at least 4 times! All to keep up with the latest technology and make it "badass".

G

I'm pretty sure 3drealm and George told Take Two they could have the code when they took it from 3drealms and George's cold dead hands.

3drealms holds the data(whatever state the company is in or not in, it died with them). Not Take Two. Take two claims the publishing rights. However they do not have much to stand on.

Whole deal sucks. Thats my take.

G

Duke Nukem Forever has become the internet equivalent of Santa Claus. We all want to return to the days when Duke Nukem was real and the world was a simpler place, but we all know deep down that its all just a myth.

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Meh... too little, too late. Regardless of its badassedness, the delays have tarnished the name. I'd prefer to give my cash to a developer/publisher that can make a great product AND do it within my lifetime.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
They'll just keep releasing more screenshots as the years go on to keep mouths watering as graphics get better. They might as well take Duke Nukem 3D and update it to a newer Quake or Unreal engine...I'd buy it again.

henrystrawn

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
/[flame shield]. I have never played it....Who's this Duke Nukem guy again?..but judging from the YT video, looks like a great old school FPS good time. Now what were you guys waiting for again?

G

well the use of a old engine is good...build was a choise in a deadly line... quake broke the mold, and anything else want to be real... why dont you broke nothing?... lateral mind my friend choose the opposite way and run against the shore

randomizer

Champion
Graphics aren't amazing, but more importantly the longer they wait the less original any of their ideas will be. FPS has been done to death. There is nothing new. This will be just another shooter.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]... FPS has been done to death. There is nothing new. This will be just another shooter.[/citation]
Also remember that movies have been made to death for ages and yet there are good features coming out every now and then. There is still room for another FPS if they make it good and do it right.

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
It seems like it's a fusion of Half-Life (FPS), Resident Evil (puzzles), and GTA:SA (driving around). It's a pretty good combination, but if you spread yourself too thin the game will be either short or boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS