Sign in with
Your question

What is the best Card for WoW with my machine.

Last response: in Video Games
December 22, 2008 10:14:43 PM

I have been getting many different answers and suggestions of the best card for my machine. You guys know much more than I do about graphics cards and other computer parts. I am sorry but I had to post a new thread to get a better answer. Some say I could run a Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 some say I cannot. I rather not take the risk of burning out my whole computer. Now I am just asking what card will work best with my machine without buying other big parts like new a power supply because I do not know any who can install that for me and I rather not go through that trouble. I would buy a PCI-E Power Supply Converter cable though, if needed. I was thinking of getting the XFX PVT84JYAJG GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card (it requires 300 watt power supply) but I am sure there are some better ones I can get. I do not want to spend more than 150 dollars. I do not care
if it is ATI or Nvidia.

The main game I play is World of Warcraft. I do not play or high graphics and I do not play on really low graphics. I play with a resolution of 1280x1024, mid-range terrain distance, spell detail medium, I have the terrain lighting checked. I do not have the full screen glow effect, I left the multi-sampling on the default, the anisotropic filter on the lowest, shadow quality on the lowest, all the environmental details,radius, distance on the lowest, no death effect, and no vertical sync. I get around 32-70 FPS depending where I am of course and what I am doing. In the the new zones "Northrend" I get around 26-50 FPS questing.
This is with a 1G of RAM. Plan to get another stick of 2G of RAM. So, please take that into consideration while giving me the best card suggestion for which card will best suite me for World of Warcraft high quality and performance.

My computer specifications: 3.00 GHZ Pentium 4

19" Monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024

1G of DDR2 RAM (Will buy a 2G stick of RAM making it 3G or RAM)

I have a 256MB PCI Express™x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE
(It is the same card that came with the computer, need an upgrade badly).

I have a Dell Dimension E510

Only have a 305 Watt Power Supply.

More about : card wow machine

December 23, 2008 3:21:41 AM

Hi

ok well the radeon hd 4800 series is outa the question cause they require a 450watt psu minimum and 500watt for the 4870!

so i suggest getting the Nvidia 8600gt it requires a 300watt psu minimum u should be fine but its gonna be by a very little bit!

hope this helps a bit :D 

good luck!!!
December 23, 2008 5:17:59 AM

Well either the 4670 or the 8600gt use about the same power (or less) as the X600 - so either is a safe upgrade
!