I am getting the followinf error message on my new computer. "Device driver
for standard 101-102 keyboard or natural PS/2 keyboard is preventing the
machine from entering standby. Close all applications and try again".
NOthing is open. What can I do?

This issue may occur if Adobe Type Manager is installed on your computer. Certain versions of Adobe Type Manager (version 4.0, for example) may not be compatible with the power management features of Windows XP.

Resolution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814149

ATM Light updater - ATM Light for Windows - Downloads:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1552

ATM Deluxe updater - ATM Deluxe for Windows - Downloads:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1553

If that does not help, see this article for other cause for the problem and the solution::
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=257199 [Originally written for Windows 2000]

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"pclarke" <pclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1092D98D-39F5-4174-B1A3-0827D93B26AB@microsoft.com...
I am getting the followinf error message on my new computer. "Device driver
for standard 101-102 keyboard or natural PS/2 keyboard is preventing the
machine from entering standby. Close all applications and try again".
NOthing is open. What can I do?

jbarton

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005

Thanks Ramesh, I had this problem also, and I do not have ATM on this
machine. I am running XP, not 2000. Are there other things I should check for?

Thanks