When I right click on an icon instead of getting the pop-up menu with
options I get an error message. The message box is labelled
"cf99menu_.rsc". The error message states "Resource File Not Found".
Clicking OK makes the box go away. It is annoying and adds a step to any
function where a right click is involved.

Any suggestions?
--
Michael Q

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Michael Q" <Quincon@tnet.com.au(nilspam)> wrote in message
> When I right click on an icon instead of getting the pop-up menu with
> options I get an error message. The message box is labelled
> "cf99menu_.rsc". The error message states "Resource File Not Found".
> Clicking OK makes the box go away. It is annoying and adds a step to
> any
> function where a right click is involved.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you do a file search (and include hidden and system files), do you
find a cf99menu.dll file (or by any other extension)? If so,
right-click on it in Explorer, Properties, Version tab, and see if it
identifies itself. You probably installed some software that modified
the context menu and is screwing it up, or you uninstalled it (overtly
or maybe by using a spyware/malware scanner) and the uninstall wasn't
clean.

E-mail: vanguard_help AT yahoo.com (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)

I have done searches as you suggest to no avail.

I feel it must have something to do with Windows because I have noticed that
the same message appears when I have the Excel or Word "Look in" box open and
when I right click on a Word or Excel Document.

Michael Q

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Michael Q" <Quincon@tnet.com.au(nilspam)> wrote in message
> > When I right click on an icon instead of getting the pop-up menu with
> > options I get an error message. The message box is labelled
> > "cf99menu_.rsc". The error message states "Resource File Not Found".
> > Clicking OK makes the box go away. It is annoying and adds a step to
> > any
> > function where a right click is involved.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>

> If you do a file search (and include hidden and system files), do you
> find a cf99menu.dll file (or by any other extension)? If so,
> right-click on it in Explorer, Properties, Version tab, and see if it
> identifies itself. You probably installed some software that modified
> the context menu and is screwing it up, or you uninstalled it (overtly
> or maybe by using a spyware/malware scanner) and the uninstall wasn't
> clean.

> Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
> E-mail: vanguard_help AT yahoo.com (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)

I had the same problem...Do you have a program called Cuneiform
installed? If so it is damaged. Just uninstall!