Recently d/ld blinkx but because it was requesting so many outgoing
permissions, decided it was suspicious & used it's uninstall to get rid of
it. But I find that some of it will NOT uninstall or delete & it keeps
recreating files which I've already deleted. An email to
feedback@blinkx.com is reported back as not being deliverable. Can someone
recommend a method of removing all traces of this suspected malware please.
The "blinkx" folder contains the "smartfolder" sub-folder, which contains 37
files, all of which keep reproducing.

Hi

Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"H E" <harold.e@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> Recently d/ld blinkx but because it was requesting so many outgoing
> permissions, decided it was suspicious & used it's uninstall to get rid of
> it. But I find that some of it will NOT uninstall or delete & it keeps
> recreating files which I've already deleted. An email to
> feedback@blinkx.com is reported back as not being deliverable. Can
> someone recommend a method of removing all traces of this suspected
> malware please. The "blinkx" folder contains the "smartfolder" sub-folder,
> which contains 37 files, all of which keep reproducing.

G'day Will

Many thx for your reply. I have most of all those apps except
SpywareSweeper, but am trialing SpySubtract instead, were I was able to
obtain an update for CWShredder. Unfortunately nothing, including HiJack
This has been able to remove blinkx. That so many reviewers are praising
this app is beyond my comprehension. Surely a program that keeps
reproducing deleted files must be suspect? Your comments would be
appreciated.

Regards

Harold Ellison

I have successfully removed blinkx from my computer! Here's how.

I ran a search of all files & folders for the word "blinkx"

This gave me a list of everywhere it had gone on my hard disc

(Split the screen to keep the search results handy.)

Systematically find each directory it is on & display it in DETAIL mode

e.g. "System 32" under "windows" & then simply delete the blinkx file.

After deleting a few, run the search again.

Repeat the process again, finding the directory & deleting the name...

Lastly, empty your recycle bin!

Run the search again to confirm it's all gone.

Regards, Linda