EA gives up--- no more DRM on SOME of their games

whycough

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
for what it's worth, i hope that those games see a decent increase in purchasing. not that i care about them getting sales or anything, but to show that that's actually a good idea. if they see that less people pirate now, it'd be a good message. i know that a tad optimistic, but still, it'd be nice. come to think of it though, it seems to me that pirating warhammer online would be difficult because it's an mmo.

mondegreen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008

Spore is terrible. The first four levels are too simple and done better in other games (i.e. Civ IV, WoW, etc...). The last level suffers from terrible UI controls and annoying bot attacks every two minutes. I'm not really into MMOs, but I hear that Warhammer is a good one. FWIW, I enjoyed Mass Effect the most out of the three games you listed.

rennervision

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
This isn't as great as it sounds. The retail versions of these games still have DRM, and removing it from the Steam versions seem like a no-brainer since Steam is a form of DRM anyway.

The DRM on Mass Effect really gets me fired up because you can't even get an install credit back after uninstalling the game. That really is nothing but a glorified rental. No wonder people pirated it. I don't see how even the most pro-DRM PC gamer out there can defend that.

But of course, EA doesn't address that issue with this new "change."

TRENDING THREADS