Windows XP Pro Question

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and I need to do Web Development. I want
to know if anyone has XP Pro running IIS and how is it working?

I have SQL 2000 Developer and Frontpage 2003 with asp pages I developed.

I tried to install IIS on the home edition it installed but I cannot connect
to http://localhost

I also tried apache and it does not support asp. And frankly I would rather
use IIS since I know how to use it and I would rather not learn how to get
apache to work.

Thanks

Tom

On 12/01/2005 KeyWest JetSki wrote:

> I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and I need to do Web Development.
> I want to know if anyone has XP Pro running IIS and how is it working?
>
> I have SQL 2000 Developer and Frontpage 2003 with asp pages I
> developed.
>
> I tried to install IIS on the home edition it installed but I cannot
> connect to http://localhost
>
> I also tried apache and it does not support asp. And frankly I would
> rather use IIS since I know how to use it and I would rather not
> learn how to get apache to work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

I have run IIS on XP Pro with no issues, I remember I had to follow
through some detailed instructions from the .NET documentation to get
it working.

If you post your question in one of the microsoft.public.dotnet groups
you may get a more detailed response :)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

"KeyWest JetSki" <kwjetskiking@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and I need to do Web Development. I want
>to know if anyone has XP Pro running IIS and how is it working?
>
> I have SQL 2000 Developer and Frontpage 2003 with asp pages I developed.
>
> I tried to install IIS on the home edition it installed but I cannot
> connect to http://localhost
>
> I also tried apache and it does not support asp. And frankly I would
> rather use IIS since I know how to use it and I would rather not learn how
> to get apache to work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

IIS doesn't run on Home, only Pro.