NEED HELP!! CASE??

TARIK26Z

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2003
What should I look for when shoping for a case I'm looking for a atx mid tower,ANy Suggetsions? I hear the it is good to have in where I can install 2 case fans, one in the front, the other in the other in the rear (lol! in the rear!get it?)my current case does not have the front one, and should i invest in thatAkasa acoustic sound proof mat thingie?

Auburn9698

Champion
Several things to keep in mind:
- At least one spot for a fan in front and back. You may want more, depending. Some also come with a fan mount in front of the hard drives. It should come with sufficient room for air intake through the front, or you may have to cut your own.
- Do you want it to come with front USB ports?
- Do you want it to come with a power supply, or will you buy one separately? Either way, make sure it's quality.
- Are you going to carry it to LAN parties or anything, or will it sit in the same spot? This may affect how big&heavy a case you want.
- Do you want to have one that's nice and shiny out of the box, like aluminum, or just a crappy beige one that you can paint yourself (like me)?
- How many of each type of drive bay do you want?
- Do you want removable drive cages and/or drive rails?
- Do you want a window on the side, so you can put all sorts of lights inside like lots of folks are doing these days?
- Try not to get one with sharp edges.
- You may want to try and find one that you can check out in person first. Sometimes pictures online aren't enough.

Several favorites around here are Antec/Chieftec, Lian Li, Atlas, CoolerMaster, ThermalTake.

I'm sure other folks will chime in with more things to keep in mind.

I think Tom has an article on case selection, if you look.

War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 03/13/03 10:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Cuda

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2003
See Tom's case review <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20030211/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20030211/index.html</A>

bob_dn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Antech is good. I like Lian Li. They come with two fans installed in front and one in the rear (Yeah, I get it. You said "in the rear.") Lian Li does not include a PSU. I'd recommend an Enermax dual fan PSU. Then you have two front and two rear.

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Yeah I know.. people like Chenming make cases for antech.. whatever... I suppose Antech-like cases are good ;) Good design principles... name is irrelevant to case performance

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!