HP Pavilion 780n

i have a hp pavilion 780n just recently got but i cant get windows xp 2
load i was wonderin if any one knows if there is recovery cd's n where can
i get them it keeps sayin someting wit ntrld missing everytime it boots up
2 answers Last reply
More about pavilion 780n

    On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:36:14 -0400, surhpcpu <sur1518@aol.com> wrote:
    > i have a hp pavilion 780n just recently got but i cant get windows xp 2
    > load i was wonderin if any one knows if there is recovery cd's n where can
    > i get them it keeps sayin someting wit ntrld missing everytime it boots up

    If you did not burn your recovery tools CD and recovery CD's or DVD yet
    (which you should have done BEFORE tampering with anything or getting
    infected), maybe you can get into recovery from the first BIOS screen
    during boot. But it might go past that screen before your monitor lights
    up. So try turning your monitor on, then immediately boot. I think it is
    F10 for recovery (which probably boots the separate FAT32 recovery
    partition).

    PS: When I installed 64-bit XP Pro on my a530n it mangled my partition
    table (changed heads/cylinders), so it could not boot itself or XP Home.
    Fortunately I was able to fix the partition table using Linux fdisk from a
    rescue CD with no data loss. But I had to do some guessing.

    Linux to the rescue of Windows? How droll! ... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:00:05 +0000 (UTC), efflandt@xnet.com (David Efflandt)
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:36:14 -0400, surhpcpu <sur1518@aol.com> wrote:
    >> i have a hp pavilion 780n just recently got but i cant get windows xp 2
    >> load i was wonderin if any one knows if there is recovery cd's n where can
    >> i get them it keeps sayin someting wit ntrld missing everytime it boots up
    >
    >If you did not burn your recovery tools CD and recovery CD's or DVD yet
    >(which you should have done BEFORE tampering with anything or getting
    >infected), maybe you can get into recovery from the first BIOS screen
    >during boot. But it might go past that screen before your monitor lights
    >up. So try turning your monitor on, then immediately boot. I think it is
    >F10 for recovery (which probably boots the separate FAT32 recovery
    >partition).
    >
    >PS: When I installed 64-bit XP Pro on my a530n it mangled my partition
    >table (changed heads/cylinders), so it could not boot itself or XP Home.
    >Fortunately I was able to fix the partition table using Linux fdisk from a
    >rescue CD with no data loss. But I had to do some guessing.
    >
    >--
    >David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com/

Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion Computers