Low Frames in Rfactor!!

mike27466

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
hi everyone,
I play rfactor online and I experience low frames when there is more than 15 cars running on a track. I have an old p4 3Gb running at 3.3gb with a sonic tower is is very stable . I run a p4p800 deluxe mobo,with 2.5Gb gerneric ram v-data brand. x1950 pro 512mg .When i have less than 15 drivers in a server on a track i get around 30-40 fps which is just making the sim run ok. But when more people come into a server in the sim ,my frames start to go down litlle by little to around 25-30 fps and sometimes i have to quit the game session and wait and come back later when there is les people running the game. I know my pc is an old crappy p4 ,but some other people in the same game run old agp pc's like mine and they get 60-100 fsp with 40 cars in the game. Its very frustrating when you see this. their specs are:

athlon 2800 oc to 3000 barton processor with 2Gb ram ,9800pro 256mg ati with the nforce chipset on the mobo .

I have had a good talk with the guy who has this amd pc and ,he is amazed how crap my pc runs at.!!! I have even done a few benchtests and rated my scores with other tomshardware people with the same pc config as mine and my results alittle lower than their's in scores . also i have a 500w psu with a max 30A rail for the videocard, which is brand new and it replaced my old 450w which i had no difference in performance as well.

Would anyone have any ideas why this pc would be lagging alot in frames as i have found others with the same config as my pc to have alot better in performance when running rfactor.

any surgessions would be appreiated.

mike27466

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I found the the problem ,talking with others who had same problems and what they found to get performance fps was to purchase high speed ram like kingston hyperx ram. So i will purchase 1Gb 2x512 and dual channell them and that should bring my sytem up abit in fps. i dont expect a massive increase in fps but if i can get around 20-30 fps in my games it would be something. does anyone know what would be the best setting for the apperture setting to be set with 1Gb ram the highest setting is 256mb. I heard that 128mb is the best any ideas anyone!