Change resolution thru new User preferences?

a b C Monitor
January 13, 2005 12:04:52 AM

I have been trying to set up a second User pref that uses a different
monitor resolution (different DPI settings) with no sucess. Each User I
configure with the desired resolution doesn't seem to retain it on
re-boot. Is this because this task is impossible and I need to
constantly change monitor resolution via Display Properties/Settings
each time I want to use the different res? Or, is there another way I'm
missing that allows me to set up User preferences with the desired
resolution? I don't want to change the Color Mode, just the DPI's for a
given User.

--
PRNole
--------------------------------------

Windows XP does not natively permit different user's to retain their preferred
screen resolution. However, the following program will add this feature.

Allow Custom Display Settings for each user
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

[Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"PRNole" wrote:

| I have been trying to set up a second User pref that uses a different
| monitor resolution (different DPI settings) with no sucess. Each User I
| configure with the desired resolution doesn't seem to retain it on
| re-boot. Is this because this task is impossible and I need to
| constantly change monitor resolution via Display Properties/Settings
| each time I want to use the different res? Or, is there another way I'm
| missing that allows me to set up User preferences with the desired
| resolution? I don't want to change the Color Mode, just the DPI's for a
| given User.
|
| --
| PRNole
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 13, 2005 12:14:39 AM

PRNole wrote:
> I have been trying to set up a second User pref that uses a different
> monitor resolution (different DPI settings) with no sucess. Each User
> I configure with the desired resolution doesn't seem to retain it on
> re-boot. Is this because this task is impossible and I need to
> constantly change monitor resolution via Display Properties/Settings
> each time I want to use the different res? Or, is there another way
> I'm missing that allows me to set up User preferences with the desired
> resolution? I don't want to change the Color Mode, just the DPI's
> for a given User.

www.dougknox.com - look under XP Tweaks.
on salads.
!