Change resolution thru new User preferences?

I have been trying to set up a second User pref that uses a different
monitor resolution (different DPI settings) with no sucess. Each User I
configure with the desired resolution doesn't seem to retain it on
re-boot. Is this because this task is impossible and I need to
constantly change monitor resolution via Display Properties/Settings
each time I want to use the different res? Or, is there another way I'm
missing that allows me to set up User preferences with the desired
resolution? I don't want to change the Color Mode, just the DPI's for a
given User.

--
PRNole
--------------------------------------

    Windows XP does not natively permit different user's to retain their preferred
    screen resolution. However, the following program will add this feature.

    Allow Custom Display Settings for each user
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

    [Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    PRNole wrote:
    > I have been trying to set up a second User pref that uses a different
    > monitor resolution (different DPI settings) with no sucess. Each User
    > I configure with the desired resolution doesn't seem to retain it on
    > re-boot. Is this because this task is impossible and I need to
    > constantly change monitor resolution via Display Properties/Settings
    > each time I want to use the different res? Or, is there another way
    > I'm missing that allows me to set up User preferences with the desired
    > resolution? I don't want to change the Color Mode, just the DPI's
    > for a given User.

    www.dougknox.com - look under XP Tweaks.
    on salads.

Resolution Monitors Windows XP