times out when downloading, why?

When I try to download anything, I get an error message saying that I timed
out. Does anybody know why this happens? Everything was fine until I got
WXP SP2. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Byte

Times out errors are usually caused by having an overloaded temp file.
When was the last time you deleted your cookies, temp off and online files?
Cleaned your History and for how long is it set, should be no more than 7
days.
Do a disk cleanup: Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Clean.
Open IE>Tools>Internet Options>Delete cookes>Delete files including offline
content. Then do a Defrag of your harddrive under System Tools.

"charity136" wrote:

> When I try to download anything, I get an error message saying that I timed
> out. Does anybody know why this happens? Everything was fine until I got
> WXP SP2. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Thank you for that. I tried that and now the error message is "the
connection has reset". Can you help me with that, please?