prevent changes to display property settings

dw

I wish to prevent other users of a computer from making changes to display
settings - theme, desktop, screen saver, etc. Using Windows XP Pro with only
an administrator user configured. I assume I need to create a User group, but
then what? Thanks in advance for any assistance

Group Policy

Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |
Navigate to >>>
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\
Hide specified Control Panel applets

[[This setting removes Control Panel items (such as Display) and folders
(such as Fonts) from the Control Panel window and the Start menu.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:6E3E4036-B282-4965-85A2-4CC9E4CB9E3C@microsoft.com,
DW <DW@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I wish to prevent other users of a computer from making changes to
> display settings - theme, desktop, screen saver, etc. Using Windows
> XP Pro with only an administrator user configured. I assume I need to
> create a User group, but then what? Thanks in advance for any
> assistance

Byte

Wes I don't believe DW is using a Server 2003. He/she shoud go to the
Control Panel/User Accounts and read up about limited user accounts. XP
does not have a system/system32 file named gpedit.msc

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:11:03 -0800, Byte wrote:

> Wes I don't believe DW is using a Server 2003. He/she shoud go to the
> Control Panel/User Accounts and read up about limited user accounts. XP
> does not have a system/system32 file named gpedit.msc

It's available in XP Pro but not in XP Home.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

DW stated that he is [[Using Windows XP Pro...]]

That's why I didn't ask and posted what I did.

XP Pro has gpedit.msc, XP Home does not.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:4B265F75-34F6-4424-86BE-75AAD6825FEC@microsoft.com,