Editing User Settings

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Can anyone help me?

My friend logged onto my laptop to check their email. Since then, whenever
I turn on my laptop and get to the welcome screen I get a message saying that
I have an unread message under my user account name. When I clicked on the
writing that says you have an unread message I see that the email address it
points to is my mates email and not mine! The "link" that I would have
thought would take me to his email is also dead so I seem to have no way of
clearing this message.

How can I clean up my computer from carrying around my mates email hotmail
account profile? It is wierd as when I told him I get this message he
immediately cleared out his email and I found that the message still does not
dissapear! It looks like something has corrupted my user account and I am
destined to see this message evertime the welcolme screen is displayed!

Can anyone explain simply how I can delete the corruption?

Thanks
Chris

How to Delete Cookie Files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;278835

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:53:03 -0800, Chris wrote:

> Can anyone help me?
>
> My friend logged onto my laptop to check their email. Since then, whenever
> I turn on my laptop and get to the welcome screen I get a message saying that
> I have an unread message under my user account name. When I clicked on the
> writing that says you have an unread message I see that the email address it
> points to is my mates email and not mine! The "link" that I would have
> thought would take me to his email is also dead so I seem to have no way of
> clearing this message.
>
> How can I clean up my computer from carrying around my mates email hotmail
> account profile? It is wierd as when I told him I get this message he
> immediately cleared out his email and I found that the message still does not
> dissapear! It looks like something has corrupted my user account and I am
> destined to see this message evertime the welcolme screen is displayed!
>
> Can anyone explain simply how I can delete the corruption?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Control Panel> User Accounts: Select your user account. In the common tasks
pane, select Manage network passwords. Select the entry for your friend's
hotmail account and delete it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User