Editing User Settings

Can anyone help me?

My friend logged onto my laptop to check their email. Since then, whenever
I turn on my laptop and get to the welcome screen I get a message saying that
I have an unread message under my user account name. When I clicked on the
writing that says you have an unread message I see that the email address it
points to is my mates email and not mine! The "link" that I would have
thought would take me to his email is also dead so I seem to have no way of
clearing this message.

How can I clean up my computer from carrying around my mates email hotmail
account profile? It is wierd as when I told him I get this message he
immediately cleared out his email and I found that the message still does not
dissapear! It looks like something has corrupted my user account and I am
destined to see this message evertime the welcolme screen is displayed!

Can anyone explain simply how I can delete the corruption?

Thanks
Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about editing user settings

    How to Delete Cookie Files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;278835

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:53:03 -0800, Chris wrote:

    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > My friend logged onto my laptop to check their email. Since then, whenever
    > I turn on my laptop and get to the welcome screen I get a message saying that
    > I have an unread message under my user account name. When I clicked on the
    > writing that says you have an unread message I see that the email address it
    > points to is my mates email and not mine! The "link" that I would have
    > thought would take me to his email is also dead so I seem to have no way of
    > clearing this message.
    >
    > How can I clean up my computer from carrying around my mates email hotmail
    > account profile? It is wierd as when I told him I get this message he
    > immediately cleared out his email and I found that the message still does not
    > dissapear! It looks like something has corrupted my user account and I am
    > destined to see this message evertime the welcolme screen is displayed!
    >
    > Can anyone explain simply how I can delete the corruption?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Chris

    Control Panel> User Accounts: Select your user account. In the common tasks
    pane, select Manage network passwords. Select the entry for your friend's
    hotmail account and delete it.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User